Rods 65 FJ 40 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Rod- I stumbled on your thread today. Really nice work.

Did you ever decide on the color for your soft top? My cruiser is a '66 Spring Green and I can't decide on a soft top color. Did you find any sample images? I'm trying to find any images to help visualize it. Many thanks.

When I bought my bows they came with a Paki soft top. White vinyl. It needs some minor repair. It is most likely what I will use given the current choices out there. I believe I read on mud somewhere that vinyl is the oem material for a 65. By the way I am still working on the rebuild, just very slowly!

When I bought my bows they came with a Paki soft top. White vinyl. It needs some minor repair. It is most likely what I will use given the current choices out there. I believe I read on mud somewhere that vinyl is the oem material for a 65. By the way I am still working on the rebuild, just very slowly!
I can relate to the "slowly"-it is contagious. I keep telling myself the delay is recharging my batteries (if that's the case, I should be able to power up a small city). Looking good!!!!!! Keep at it!

Hello LC community. It's been a long time . For various reasons out of my control I have been on hold. However the time has come to restart this project! Looking through the recent posts it is so nice to see that many of those that helped me along the way are still here and helping others. This LC community is the BEST.

I noticed a PMC swap meet in July That I will try and attend. By then I should know what parts I still need.

There was a swap meet in Stockton a while back however I couldn't find any information on it. Does it still Happen ?

Well I got her out of the garage and cleaned up and cleaned out. I identified a couple of spots that need fresh metal. Now I have to teach myself to weld again. Not much progress for a weekend but it is progress! Set up my cooler and cleared out the work area as well.

DSCF1732.JPG

Well it's been a long time. I have no excuses for letting my project sit. BUT I have made some headway recently. Working on getting the rear sill permanently installed, lead to a test fit and then I decided to mount the tailgate just to make sure everything would be in alignment. Glad I did. There was a gap at the top of the tailgate on the left side and a corresponding overlap on the other. I was able to make the adjustment with some simple shop tools and I am satisfied with the results
DSCF1888.JPG
DSCF1893.JPG
DSCF1891.JPG

Time to start filling the rest of the PO holes that they drilled into the tub. Only have 25 to go! Any way there is a factory hole near the B pillar that is threaded (M8 x 1.25p). For the life of me I can't remember what it was for , so it's time to ask the experts. The one on the drivers side has a broken bolt in it, always fun to deal with.
It's the hole that is below the two in the very top rail. I have one of those marked to fill and the other is for the FST snap.

20230212_135515.jpg

Found this at my local Tractor Supply today. It's metal and 6 5/8 " diameter. $7.99
saw it on a Facebook FJ40 page. At my local store it was in the section where they have several small bins of various small stuff and kids toys. Right by the front door.

On another note I'm still sand blasting the bottom of my tub and getting much closer to applying a coat of master series silver primer.

20230912_140632.jpg

Found this at my local Tractor Supply today. It's metal and 6 5/8 " diameter. $7.99
saw it on a Facebook FJ40 page. At my local store it was in the section where they have several small bins of various small stuff and kids toys. Right by the front door.
🤩 is this available in a webshop somewhere?

🤩 is this available in a webshop somewhere?
So the stickers on the back identify a web site, www.openroadbrands.com I looked it over and didn't have any luck finding anything related to Land Cruisers. However I did find a list of retailer chains that carry their products. Hobby lobby, Bass pro, Tractor Supply, Cabelas, Visit popclassics.com. I looked at the pop classic site and still didn't have any luck. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom