Removing frozen / rusted bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stance.com
Was elbows deep installing my lift today and got the first arm off to press the bushings out and plug the new ones in. No dice. Tried heat, various presses..no luck. Broke a cheap HF plate though so that was neat.

I am assuming these will need to get hacked out, but what's the best method to do so without destroying the arm? Search didn't do much in regards to this and every video I watched online seems to not have an issue? Appreciate any info/insight as I was hoping to have this done today.

Thanks everyone!

How many tons on the press? My 40 ton hasn't been stopped yet on automotive bushings, although I haven't done the specific ones you mention.

How many tons on the press? My 40 ton hasn't been stopped yet on automotive bushings, although I haven't done the specific ones you mention.

We were on a 20 ton. This was my first time pressing anything out...those things are scary haha. Yea these front arms see so much dirt and grime and crap makes sense they are such a monster to get out. All 3 off mine on each arm were nasty and crusty.

What are you pressing on, the inner sleeve or outer one? We use a slug that is just a few thou smaller diameter than the actual bushing.

What are you pressing on, the inner sleeve or outer one? We use a slug that is just a few thou smaller diameter than the actual bushing.
Did you have the slug made?
Have you found anything else to use like a washer or something.
Have read about Nissan bearing races but don't have those.

Yea I was using the bushing press tool from Wits End, it is a perfect match fit for the front bushings on the axle side. Broke the press plate trying to push those ones out...bushing tool fit perfect though. PS when those presses let loose it is some scary stuff. Sounds like someone just shot off a gun next to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom