removing cruise control module (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I no longer have cruise on the steering column, but the device is still under the hood, any drawback to removing it entirely? Im never selling, Im never going to use cruise ever. and the space could be better used for a fuse block.

You don't have cruise control any more

What year cruiser is it.

What year cruiser is it.
97 fzj80 dual batteries TRD charger I ned the space also have the slee washer resovoir kit in there and would love to yank ity outta the way as Long as it doesnt f anything up

Unplug it remove the mounting bolts, and disconnect the cable and then send it to me please. Mine went bad and removed it. No codes on my scan gauge. If you remove it your pedal will have less resistance and be easier to press down.

I dont see how it could hurt anything. And your video just reminded me I need to fix my throttle cable.

I wish my rig looked like that under the hood. The only performance mod I have is a powdercoared valve cover (5 HP MAX).

Reactions: RFB
I dont see how it could hurt anything. And your video just reminded me I need to fix my throttle cable.
Ive OEMed it everywhere the throttle was quik and I saw where the hand throttle cable goes so thats probably next.

I'd toss the kn filter Engine looks good

If you've already removed the stalk then go ahead and remove it. Only the stalk activates it, through a relay, so no harm elsewhere.

I'd toss the kn filter Engine looks good
just a sticker, took out kn after 5 miles, zero diff and the OEM filter is cleanable which i dint know at the time.

When you go to sell it make sure it is listed as 97 ONLY. There are a few differences b/n 97 and the rest of the 80-series cruise systems. The module will physically plug in but it won't work.

You can also pull the cruise computer which is the aluminum box left of the steering column about where the clutch pedal hinge would be.

Edit: appears the 97-specific thing only applies to LX450s. Disregard if talking about LCs.

Last edited:
The 97s are relatively rare... might get enough money to justify the trouble.

97 Antenna modules are worth good money too.

When you go to sell it make sure it is listed as 97 ONLY. There are a few differences b/n 97 and the rest of the 80-series cruise systems. The module will physically plug in but it won't work.

That is interesting. My 97 has the CC module from a 93 and it works flawlessly. It appears that part number 8800260020 was used from 93-95, whereas 8800260030 was used from 95-97. Perhaps the older units can be swapped into newer vehicles but not vice versa?

I have used a 97 actuator on a 96.

Ah.. I may be generalizing and it might be LX450 specific then. I know for a fact 96-97 LXs have differences as the MY 96 and 97 EWDs are significantly different, as well as my hard-copy 96 EWD being different than my 97 LX450. This caused a few problems when I was diagnosing some cruise control issues.

Sorry for the bad info above. I'll edit to clarify.

You may still be on to something. I have not worked out all my issues with my cruise control. I have bought 2 eBay actuators and they go bad after a while. I need to figure out how to rebuild them properly or find someone who does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom