Relic Run April 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CHUOX17A if you want to pick up the Paella ingredients I will chip in at least half your expenses to feed our crew, chat, drink etc.. It will remind me of Chef's chioppino.
PM me your RelicRun Travel info
Please include.
Driving or towing
if towing, Tow rig Make, Model, year, color
Wheeling Rig Make, Model, year, color
Participants, Mud Name and Legal name (pets names if going and model aka breed and sex, age if known)
CoPilot, kids, etc, please include info.
Email address, Cell #, Ham call sign if applicable
Emergency contact name and #

I will add you to the list.

Cool, Paella pan is ready to go. Will buy all the ingredients this coming weekend. Can you give me a head count ? We can make it Thursday night. I will send you all the details on truck and rest of our info later

Like how much further? Charleston is another 50 miles down the road.

My only concern is we are getting into the mountains at that point and I know I'm going to be tired after 9 or 10 hours on the road. Not sure who all has been on this route, but we make the trip to Roanoke this way every couple of years. Going to be fun with a trailer.
You wont hit any Mountains until you get a few miles past Charleston then the Toll road starts . Then its many mountains until you hit the VA border. Also make sure you have around $5.25 cash for each of the 3 tolls or a EZpass. They do not take cards at the tolls.

Food, robs bringing his kitchen. Ill pack some gf bfast eggs in a bag for bfast burritos. Robs doing a spaghetti dinner. I'm going to grab some GF pasta from Kelly so the celiac's don't suffer the chewy style pasta.. Colin gave me the how to on making breakfast in a bag.. Oh.. By the way.. Colin's in!

We do a lot of "community" bfast type thing so Chris.. you have that cool skillet thing. how bout hash-browns and bacon!
I can grab some garlic bread. I'll have GF tortillas and regular, sandwich fixings for lunches.

@CHUOX17A I am counting 12 of our crew and 2 plus of our crew that moved on us but will be honorary TAC members
What side stuff would you want other than a bottle of tequila and limes!

FYI.. Info on comms at the event here..

I will have 3 extra hand held Midland GMRS radios to loan out to our team members that do not have one or have not purchased one. I SERIOUSLY doubt we will be short a radio for anyone on our team.. Most of us are closet nerds.
I picked up a three pack on amazon LXT/GXT - https://midlandusa.com/collections/lxtgxt
I plan on having a base unit midland MXT275 GMRS in the truck.
Why? Because it is small, and has a USB charger for my phone and was one of two that was available at the time.

Again.. per the other thread on GMRS i started, it is not my intention to have our club move from HAM radios.. BUT.. this is a great alternative that many clubs and events are using. I will be attempting to hand my Baeofeng to Colin as i can't find my charger yet and possibly he can use the files in the post above to program it on the needed GMRS frequencies prior to the event. Yes, Colin is my techie.. I choose my battles.

Most of us have a Baeofeng, not saying that is "legal" and we won't judge. That being said, many of our Ham rigs can possibly utilize GMRS frequencies but might need to be turned into "experimental" radios. Some can be modified with programming, some with removing a small chip. I have NOT done that to mine. I most likely will in the future. I believe Midland just released a 50w version of a GMRS vehicle unit the MXT500 and the license for GMRS is really easy to obtain. Pretty sure Rech, Colin, Kelly and I all will have or do have them already. If you don't have a GMRS license yet and want one it takes approx 24 hours to obtain.

That being said, if you are smart and not abusing the airwaves I seriously doubt anyone will ever care. I can only recall ONE time we as a club were questioned at Moab in 2019? using hams for trail communication. The only thing we did was we all called out our call signs and the gentleman responded that he acknowledged and changed frequencies.

if you made it all the way thru this post.. Excellent.. I really just want to go to the event, relax and have fun with my friends. I want to thank all of you for going.. It really means a lot to Steve and me..

FYI, my idiot baby brother Joe who recently moved from SF Bay to Charlotte will be joining us Friday night through the finale 😬😂

Just keep spare birfields away from Troy.. He is "Special" when it comes to Fj40 finger traps, but we still like him. Chris i have a spare passenger spot on my registration if needed for Troy...

Just keep spare birfields away from Troy.. He is "Special" when it comes to Fj40 finger traps, but we still like him. Chris i have a spare passenger spot on my registration if needed for Troy...
Will take you up on the registration spot - just realized I hadn't added him on mine.

To those that said money doesn’t buy happiness. But it buy car parts, suspension and tires. That to me is happiness. Especially After driving almost 4000 miles on this thing last year with endless bouncing and jerking suspension that felt line being stab on the back and kidneys.

Here I am, another year rushing to fix the truck to make it there. Something never change. 😂 hope to see you guys soon

image.jpg

@CHUOX17A without deadlines for trail rides / events NONE of our junk would be running. .
Chris.. Here's to another 20.. Should i just bring a birf for Troy so he can entertain us all again?

for those going (or those playing along at home) that want an intro into the real reason most of us are here.. I give you
Chef 101 a presentation from his band mates.. I have NO idea how they did the whole show without breaking down.

Chef 101 from Steve and Erik's perspective is a bit different and it will probably need a few drinks.

I will warn you, it is an hour long!

For those of you with a Baofeng, I have the frequencies from the link Erik threw up on my old laptop. I'll bring it and a programming cable, so I can program your radios* to the freqs that will be used on the run.

*This is my legal disclaimer. For listening purposes only, of course!

@CHUOX17A without deadlines for trail rides / events NONE of our junk would be running. .
Chris.. Here's to another 20.. Should i just bring a birf for Troy so he can entertain us all again?

for those going (or those playing along at home) that want an intro into the real reason most of us are here.. I give you
Chef 101 a presentation from his band mates.. I have NO idea how they did the whole show without breaking down.

Chef 101 from Steve and Erik's perspective is a bit different and it will probably need a few drinks.

I will warn you, it is an hour long!
Hey now- getting your finger jammed in a birfield is no joke. Then trying to prevent a Molotov cocktail from burning up a FJ60. I’m absolutely entertainment.

Chris and I talked - I’m going to smoke some pork butts and bring some sauce, buns, etc for one of the meals. Least I can do and I mean the least I will be doing - no mechanical stuff for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom