Relic Run April 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tornadoalleycruiser

Erik TLCA #5303
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
Edit 2/14/2022
website for registration is live Home - Carolina Relic Run - https://carolinarelicrun.com/
Wed April 6- Sun April 10th.
Official thread on the ONSC IH8Mud Section

Many of us would likely try to arrive Thurs April 7th. Plan to setup camp and watch the vehicles roll in. Imagine a Land Cruiser car show of sorts.
Options are to leave Wed April 6th and make more miles and a shorter jog April 7th or
leave part day Tues April 5th. Longer day Wed April 6th, Nice short day April 7th

Attendees that I currently know will be going

@kc_chevota (probably towing, could possibly be driving a 45)
@2fpower (flying in)
@tornadoalleycruiser (towing with @2fpower 's Dodge Cummins probably pulling a 40 and a 45)
@theSherpa (towing a 45 with a Dodge Cummins)
@DEW1 (towing a 55 with a Ford Powerstroke)
@trainrech (towing a 40 with a ? Chevy? I can't remember what his current tow vehicle is)
Others? Everyone is welcome to join us and it doesn't have to be a relic to go.
I don't want miss anyone so if you want to join the caravan please reach out to me or add to the thread that you are seriously considering going or actually going.
@Polecat
@Flatlanderfj40
@FJ40KC
@1MAC (just bring the crawler, take the stress off)
@CrowleyFJ40 (is the 40 good to go? fallback, the 4runner is a relic now)

FYI, Dogs that I am pretty sure will be attending Riker, Kai, Roo, probably others as well. If you have a cat like in the Chevy commercial please bring it!

Those going, it would be a good idea to look into getting your Ham Technician license prior to the trip. Getting Your Technician License - http://www.arrl.org/getting-your-technician-license

If you all PM me your contact info i can put together a travel list.
PM Title, RelicRun Travel info
Please include.
Driving or towing
if towing, Tow rig Make, Model, year, color
Wheeling Rig Make, Model, year, color
Participants, Mud Name and Legal name (pets names if going and model aka breed and sex, age if known)
CoPilot, kids, etc, please include info.
Email address, Cell #, Ham call sign if applicable
Emergency contact name and #

I am horrible with names (I'm now a relic) so this will help everyone get to know everyone a little better.

---------------
So. Wanted to start a thread to get club participation. More details to follow on specifics..
A few of us are going to the Carolina Relic Run next year.
Prior event info here
The event date is not yet finalized, Rumor is early to mid April. I know that can conflict with Tax season.
but..
This is a family event, dog friendly, old stocker truck friendly. You can bring your crawler, you can bring your new rides etc.. The beauty of this event is the old school. My goal is to have 2 old school vehicles there. Not positive on logistics yet but whatever.. I've driven a stock truck across the country more than once!
No need to fear body damage on your older truck. Come join us in appreciating these vehicles for what they are.. ART.. A part of the family, a memory of someone you lost, a bond between man/woman and machine, that father/mother son/daughter bonding project. Show off your ride, appreciate someone else's ride. Bring that old coleman stove and lantern that has aged with the vehicle. Heck they even have a dress up contest to match the year of your truck! OR better yet dress the dog!

I'm trying to get some of what i can now refer to "old school" wheeling buddies to go. I'd love to get the newer club members to meet as many of the older crew so they can hear the history.

This is a great opportunity to bring that vintage ride (or new ride, I'm not gonna judge) to a family friendly TLCA event that I don't believe any of our club members have attended before.

I know I have been distant and not been to an event in one of my own vehicles in a while but that will change..

I'll provide more details later..
Post up if interested or post up if you can commit.
Jack, I will cross post to our Facebook page in a week or so. waiting on a couple of things.

Thank you TAC Family for keeping this little club alive and family / dog oriented.. Amazing people / family / friends..

Update 10/8/2021
The TLCA has offered a travel grant Member Travel Grant Program | Toyota Land Cruiser Association - https://tlca.org/travel-grant-program/ after Kellly @2fpower and I am sure some others assisted in nominating me, apparently I won.. Kelly and I participated in a podcast earlier in the week.

If you want to hear stories about Chef and the history of TAC and join us we would love to have you at the Relic Run.. Plans are to bring Alan's FJ45 and hopefully fly his sister in for the event. It is all about the family and memories. Time to make more.

Last edited:
one way or another, I will be there.

May be calling in some favors this winter to get Vera ready for it.

What the heck? It’s only a thousand miles from KC. I just have to build a relic in time to do it.
I’d be interested.
Very impressive accomplishment and interview. Congratulations on both the nomination and the win.

And, for those of us with a relic nervously reading and wondering what in the world you are talking about and can you actually be serious about driving these things half way across the country - what exactly is the plan? How long would that even take? My ‘77 w/ original 2F and 4spd manual tops out at 65 mph. Down hill. I’m thinking, what - three days driving in both directions? Or do you guys tow these around? Put me in the intrigued, curious and cautiously optimistic category. Cause it sounds like a great experience.

I’ll take my answer of air. Yes, I’d like to further investigate. Thank you!

I’ll be towing Cheffie’s FJ45 on a tandem axle flatbed behind a Dodge pickup, so there’s that.
Steve

Since @1MAC stopped by Sunday and dropped off some beer.. He had a great idea.. Which we can add to this thread.. Perhaps we can look into an auto transporter. Pretty sure we can fill the whole thing.. I'm not at all opposed to shipping a truck out. Some might then choose to fly out and meet their truck or we could car pool in a rental van or something silly. No bonding like gas station food and a bunch of friends in a vehicle on a road trip.

I’d take a ride or pull a trailer with the Tundra. If this all works out, we will have a strong showing from KC!

This is a great event and has grown tremulously over the years. I typically go every year and it will be awesome to see you all. Maybe I will be able to drag Trainrech's brother along with me.

This is a great event and has grown tremulously over the years. I typically go every year and it will be awesome to see you all. Maybe I will be able to drag Trainrech's brother along with me.
Troy's aware of it and will probably go depending on his son's college lacrosse schedule - it is his senior year.

Troy's aware of it and will probably go depending on his son's college lacrosse schedule - it is his senior year.
I have seen him quite a bit here lately. And have been working a lot on his old 40.

as soon as a date is chosen all will be informed.. A lot hangs on the dates.. Taxes, Kids in school, cold weather, holidays.. and getting a truck done.

I'm in, I think if I drove the Pig I might not have any Fenders when I got there !!!
That sounds like a myth busters episode - can pigs fly fast enough so that their fenders fly off?

I’d tune in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom