Rebuilding our Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Running boards / Sliders

Sorry for the delay. Two week camping trip in Sherman with trailer.
Back online now.

I wanted sliders tucked up high, but also needed a slight running board for step for my wife and kids. I ended up using 1" heavy wall tube, 1/4" plate for the bracket and gusset. I used some rubber on the arms to keep them from knocking into the body. Should've made a little more clearance between the body and boards. Pics are not too great, and pig's a bit dirty, but you get the idea.

I mocked it all with lumber to get the angles and dimensions right. I capped the two running board pieces at an angle with 1/8" flat.

I then painted and used 3m grip tape on the outer rail. Family loves it and it already saved the bacon at hollister when I pivoted around a rock.
running board 1.jpg
closeup running board.jpg
closeup 2 running board.jpg

Sherman with a Sherman

We got a chance to see a bunch of privately restored armored vehicles this weekend in Portola Valley, CA.
My son Alex decided we needed a pic of Sherman with a Sherman. This one is a late WWII model that also saw duty with Israel.

The day ended with Sherman's water pump disintegrating about 2 miles from our house. At least we made it over 60 miles back and over a bridge and through a tunnel before we broke down. First ride for Sherman on a tow truck...
sherman and sherman.jpg

have to keep the:princess: from reading your thread and seeing your ride! You sir, have set the bar rather high...
I will TRY to emulate the work I have seen here on my pig. TRY being the operative word.
When you switched from your 14" pusher mounted in front of your rad, did you install the 16" puller behind the rad, or did it stay in front? Thanks for your input here, and keep up the good work on your never-ending list! (I have several of those!)

The fan is now on the inside, pulling instead of pushing. Huge difference on efficiency. Tolerances are close, but it works. Just replaced the water pump today and realized I have only 1/4 inch clearance between my water pump pulley and the fan motor. I can take some pix if you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom