Rear License Plate Assembly Size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Does anyone have a 70 Series with a rear license plate assembly like this that they can measure for me? I believe the version without the light would be the same size.

I am trying to fabricate a rear license plate holder for a swing out bumper on my 80 Series. My options for an 80 Series part are all NLA.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you

edit - i think this is from a HZJ71
1689968913966.png

Last edited:
A turbo might help to outrun them?
Loool I cannot even imagine how many engine modifications I would need to do to make my Land Cruiser capable of outrunning a police interceptor.

That's a sweet license plate by the way.

Loool I cannot even imagine how many engine modifications I would need to do to make my Land Cruiser capable of outrunning a police interceptor.

That's a sweet license plate by the way.
Stuck my actual plate in the window with double sided tape 🤣

So it would be slower?
Not sure why but I drove someone's diesel version of the truck and it seemed to be able to take off and get through the gears faster. I likely have some problems holding my gas engine back from what it should be able to do. Of course, I keep adding more weight, like the rear bumper that started this thread.

I just looked at the GCC and General Countries '94 80 series and they didn't have the license plate on the optional swing out. It was/is on the left rear door. Not sure which parts you are looking for that are NLA? Do you have a part number?

I just looked at the GCC and General Countries '94 80 series and they didn't have the license plate on the optional swing out. It was/is on the left rear door. Not sure which parts you are looking for that are NLA? Do you have a part number?

I had an order for about a month with Amamaya for 8127060120. They had to cancel it because their supplier could not get the part.

My plan for 8127060120 was to place it on a steel plate on the swing out jerry can holder. From what I can tell, the left rear door surface where it normally attaches is flat.

Then I realized many of the 70 Series had the same style light mount. It didn't really matter to me if it said Toyota 4WD or Land Cruiser. My goal was to have a light setup that wasn't going to break after a year. I did this on a 4Runner swing out and it was always a mess.

MegaZip is a great site for a disappointment after a 3wk wait. They have broken my heart more than my HS girlfriend.

I can find it for you on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Post a picture of the exact one you want.

Funny that Amayama told you they couldn't get one. They are currently showing one (using the p/n you supplied) in stock. Was it showing in stock when you tried to order previously from them?

Funny that Amayama told you they couldn't get one. They are currently showing one (using the p/n you supplied) in stock. Was it showing in stock when you tried to order previously from them?

Amayama does not carry any stock. None of these places do. They buy from a vendor who says they have it in stock.

Amayama does not carry any stock. None of these places do. They buy from a vendor who says they have it in stock.
I figured as much. They need to not say it is in stock then.

Agreed. I would say that the exception to this is PartSouq.

Or at least they have been right on my last 50 orders. I'm a massive fan of that site. Business done well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom