Rear Leaf Spring Perch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I am looking for a rear leaf spring perch for a 74 'FJ40. Does anyone know where I can locate one? Are there any aftermarket ones? Was thinking about cutting the original off, repairing the frame, and then reattaching the new perch. Does that sound right? Does the perch bolt-on or weld-on?

IMG_6866.jpeg

IMG_6865.jpeg

Rough Stuff has some stuff not nos,Georg at Valley in Stockton might be a better option for you.Yes the frame will need to be repaired first have at it you will get it.

2X on the frame repair. I assume you are not currently driving it, since that spring hanger keeps the rear axle aligned with the frame and tracking correctly.

original mount would have been riveted to the frame.

my WAG is the other side isn't far behind,

2X on the frame repair. I assume you are not currently driving it, since that spring hanger keeps the rear axle aligned with the frame and tracking correctly.
That is correct. It is not on the road. Frame is too far gone in that section. If I am able to locate that hanger/perch, do you think I can weld on or should it be riveted or bolted on somehow?

That is correct. It is not on the road. Frame is too far gone in that section. If I am able to locate that hanger/perch, do you think I can weld on or should it be riveted or bolted on somehow?

you will need to cut out the bad section out of the frame and weld in new material,
just getting the hanger back in place, there isn't anything to weld to

I have several used hangers available. BUT IMO, if you’re in replacement mode, a properly gusseted Ruffstuff bracket will outlast and outserve a stock one.

the trick is in the gusseting. Look at your frame repair as an opportunity to improve on stock, which is prone to fatigue in parts of the world that don’t see rust. I have bent and repaired mine, as well as the ones that were on @Box Rocket truck. @DSRTRDR cracked her frame next to the bracket. IOW, it’s just not the best design...and you are in the position to make it better than it was.

www.marksoffroad.net , the best kept secret in the world of Landcruisers. 😉

Weld away! Thousands of rigs on the road and trail with suspension brackets welded to FJ40 frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom