Rear FJ60 Air Lift / Boss Air Bag Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what airbags are those? What happens if they run flat? Do they have a jounce bumpstop internally?

So with those AirLift bags, you actually attach the bottom of the bag to your extension that is attached to the too
of the springs? And is that an internal bumpstop, the black rubber extension? So if they have no air they have an
internal bumpstop to stop damage? I looked really hard at the AirLift bags, but just no information on their site about this.

No, there isn't an internal bump stop. But I recommend them. I've had them completely deflated and offroading and I've had them with air and offroading, they are really durable .
I broke the plastic bracket on the air lift bags in my first trip then popped one. Don't recommend.

Did the same kit on mine .... LOVE them ... even kept them with my SOS ... close to 10 years old now

Yeah your thread was where I saw the lift blocks.

So the ubolts holding the bottom plate have held up fine? That’s was my only worry (until the “popping” them comment)

I broke the plastic bracket on the air lift bags in my first trip then popped one. Don't recommend.

Did you have the spacer in there? I know the kit does not call for it but without it I can see that happening immediately

So that small pic of the 3 bag system is the Slo setup? They attach top and bottom?
I wish they posted pics on the site, would help out.

What's the actual measurement on that HJ47 axle set up from top of axle tube to
frame?

Did you have the spacer in there? I know the kit does not call for it but without it I can see that happening immediately
I had the spacer. When I get home I'll look for a pic.

So that small pic of the 3 bag system is the Slo setup? They attach top and bottom?
I wish they posted pics on the site, would help out.

What's the actual measurement on that HJ47 axle set up from top of axle tube to
frame?
They had pics, I'll send some of mine once I get home tomorrow.

I went to look through your thread, but it's 156 pages. You're gonna need table of contents and chapters if it gets much bigger :cool:
That sounds like work

Those are totally beef. Man.

Did you get the 0-2” or the 2”-4” kit? My truck sits pretty low. I think I could do the 0-2”
I got the tallest bags with a custom bracket. Can't remember the number.

Yeah your thread was where I saw the lift blocks.

So the ubolts holding the bottom plate have held up fine? That’s was my only worry (until the “popping” them comment)

They come loose every few years and I re tighten them... but no failurers, but I don't wheel as hard as i used to either ... she is a Overlander now

I chickened out on this kit at ordered the kit from Slo Cruisers. More to come.

I didn't...they are sending me the 09T kit since I'm putting in new OME heavies. I also ordered the
AirLift compressor kit with the dual analog gauge. So much for tax return...I am installing late April
pics to follow.

I didn't...they are sending me the 09T kit since I'm putting in new OME heavies. I also ordered the
AirLift compressor kit with the dual analog gauge. So much for tax return...I am installing late April
pics to follow.

I should EDIT, but I ordered it off eBay as it was $50 less than the website. Free shipped to Blaine, WA for me
and that helps.

Man s***. There is just no comparison here.

42DE81AB-555F-4ABB-A2EE-DFE365925AC9.jpeg

Beef

If your frame is like mine. The only scary part is getting the oem bumpstop bolts out.

502A4BDB-AFBB-486C-B3E8-5E3CB15E68A3.jpeg

Aaaaassnd of course one broke.

61868787-81D4-44F3-B00C-09172ABA9996.jpeg

I just drilled a new hole and installed an 8mm rivnut next to it versus drilling and tapping

D5B796F9-561F-4BA7-92A2-4639E5AFE333.jpeg

BFDCA726-75D9-403B-94EC-75063BA65128.jpeg

So much better. No way this thing can slip out or the cheesy unbolts holding the pad break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom