Rear bumper design/build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome job! Is that stainless and are all bumpers going to be stainless?

Awesome job! Is that stainless and are all bumpers going to be stainless?

The material is cold rolled steel. No stainless, BUT.... if someone wants (to pay for) a stainless version, we can make that happen. ;)

The hardware for the bumpers WILL be stainless.

Forthcoming.

Has a finished weight been calculated, sans swingouts?

Main bumper assembly weighs 160lbs.

Add the swing-outs (cooler rack, tire carrier..yada yada..) and you're looking at about 280lbs.

She's not a lightweight!

PM sent on a bumper shell with no arms or spindles (I'd leave the holes though in case I needed them down the road).

I've had a lot of PM's about these! I'm still working on some pricing options for you guys. I'll be responding to the PM's soon.

Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my C771 using IH8MUD

Someone turned the StainlessDoctor loose with a flap wheel!

DSCN1956.jpg

DSCN1957.jpg

DSCN1958.jpg

DSCN1960.jpg

DSCN1962.jpg

DSCN1963.jpg

IMG953192.jpg

The bumper you see here is the one that will fit FLARELESS landcruisers only. I'll make someone a heck of a deal if they want it!

Look for fitment pics of both bumpers on my landcruiser, tomorrow.

Here are some fitment pics of the FLARELESS bumper on my cruiser. Keep in mind, that on a rig with no fender flares, it will sit level. My flares were keeping the front end of it pointing down a few degrees.
I already have a couple people on the waiting list for this one, but I'll let it go as pictured for... SOLD.

DSCN1967.jpg

DSCN1994.jpg

DSCN1992.jpg

DSCN1990.jpg

DSCN1989.jpg

DSCN1974.jpg

DSCN1973.jpg

This shows it with the tail lamps only sitting in place:

DSCN1986.jpg

DSCN1988.jpg

DSCN1985.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you've had a busy weekend! What the four notches outside the Hella lights for? I didn't see them used in your renderings.

Looks like you've had a busy weekend! What the four notches outside the Hella lights for? I didn't see them used in your renderings.

Those are actually tab cutouts for the internal spindle gussets that get added when the spindle is welded in. The gussets will completely box in the area around the spindles, and will weld directly to the spindles as well. This will make the entire assembly extremely strong, and will eliminate and flex/fatigue in the spindle.

I like to tab everything so that it all fits together like a puzzle, and everything self-aligns.

Whats up with the proto?

Nudge nudge.....

Proto is sold, but if you're interested in a bumper, shoot me a PM. :D

Nice! Are you machining the spindles, bearings, etc. or using a pre-existing solution?

The spindle is a pre-existing solution. It wouldn't be worth my time to re-invent that wheel since there are already excellent options out there.

The chosen spindle set is machined from chromoly steel, and is complete with sealed bearings. It's stout, to say the least.
;)

Over the past 20 years I have used many different products including this one, they do work fairly well to remove a fillet weld....BUT on this detail I decided to just Leave the fillet welds as its all TIG welded and smooth.

Over the past 20 years I have used many different products including this one, they do work fairly well to remove a fillet weld....BUT on this detail I decided to just Leave the fillet welds as its all TIG welded and smooth.

Let me guess- you make medical carts or food prep surfaces for a living? :D

Nice welds, leave 'em be!

:cheers:

ardentyota said:
Let me guess- you make medical carts or food prep surfaces for a living? :D

Nice welds, leave 'em be!

:cheers:

I primarily work in the food, dairy and beverage industry and I'm a pipe welder/pipe fitter by trade But we do it ALL. Full fab shop, water jet, CNC press brake, CNC roll etc, etc.....I just build custom stuff on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom