For Sale Rare 2001 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've read that the 80 was produced until 2008 in Venezuela, but I have no idea if this is one of them. Under the hood looks pretty different than my 97s though.

It is. He may have the year wrong. Is this year model a possibility?

91/92, skinny flares and 3FE and the tweed cloth. My guess is they mistyped. Or they are clueless. I'm guessing more on the clueless side of things.

I've read that the 80 was produced until 2008 in Venezuela, but I have no idea if this is one of them. Under the hood looks pretty different than my 97s though.

This is correct, although doubtful you'd see one in the US

91/92, skinny flares and 3FE and the tweed cloth. My guess is they mistyped. Or they are clueless. I'm guessing more on the clueless side of things.

this. it's a 91, ginericlc is correct. The seats and door cards are a give away.

This is correct, although doubtful you'd see one in the US

this. it's a 91, ginericlc is correct. The seats and door cards are a give away.

The LC 80 came out in Venezuela until March 2007 (and most of them manual transmission). We never had a 3F injection all 3F where carburator. Don't recall the year when the FZJ80 came out in Venezuela.

And yes, you can see some in the US (as a matter of fact, have 2 friends in Florida that have 2007 Serie 80 manual).

And yes, you can see some in the US (as a matter of fact, have 2 friends in Florida that have 2007 Serie 80 manual).

Well they are almost certainly gray market at best unless they have met the very few criteria that allows them to be here legally by the Federal (not state) government. Keep them away from the feds or they'll meet the rover fate.

Well they are almost certainly gray market at best unless they have met the very few criteria that allows them to be here legally by the Federal (not state) government. Keep them away from the feds or they'll meet the rover fate.

Don't know what you mean by gray market.

Don't know what you mean by gray market.

It's a level of how legal a non-US vehicle is on US soil. You can go to the importation section and read the basics, lots to read. The crackdown by the government resulted in the confiscation and demolition of the rovers 2-3 of years ago.

It's neat that VZ made the 80s as long as they did. From talking to an expat friend from there, they had arguably the coolest Toyota purchase setup for cruisers ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom