PZJ70 front propshaft help!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I own a NZ new 1991 pzj70 and I’m having real trouble finding a decent full assembly front prop shaft that’s the correct sizing, As mine has worn where the two parts spigot into each other.
The distance from centre of uni to uni fully compressed is 580mm . Now this is where it gets tricky.
The transfer case end flange is like others I’ve seen with the hole centre’s being 60mmx60mm but the front diff side is different with the hole centre’s being 60x70 . Larger than the flange going to the transfer case. Can any1 help with this at all? Or had these troubles? Got sent one out of a wrecked pzj70 but was 60x60mm both ends. What’s different with mine? Help pls!
Cheers

I would think that if the truck was still factory, concerning the parts in question, then you can look up the factory part number and order a new one?
$950+ for new which is above budget for me atm. And even then it may be wrong

Any decent driveshaft shop should be able to make you a new driveshaft to your specifications for a fair bit less than that price. Odd that the front diff flange is different on the driveshaft you were sent, I'll have to check the one on my Prado to see what pattern it is. Does the Cruiser have the original front diff?

This is the part number that comes up when I look up the front u-joint flange for a PZJ70: Y0KE, FRONT PROPELLER SHAFT UNIVERSAL J0INT FLANGE 3731535040 | Toyota Parts | PartSouq - https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=37315-35040 It certainly appears to be a square rather than rectangular bolt pattern. What do you get when you use your frame number to look up the part?

Any decent driveshaft shop should be able to make you a new driveshaft to your specifications for a fair bit less than that price. Odd that the front diff flange is different on the driveshaft you were sent, I'll have to check the one on my Prado to see what pattern it is. Does the Cruiser have the original front diff?
I believe the front diff is the original . Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom