Pulling tcase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Everything was going fine until I was getting ready to actually separate the damn thing from the transmission and it would not let go. Took an hour of working around the edges with a pry bar just to get it where it’s at in the picture.

Tcase is secured to the jack and about level with the transmission.

All the reading I’ve done on this job basically says “just pull it off” so I’m here wondering what I did wrong. Center diff is locked and transmission is in neutral. What am I missing here?

IMG_1367.jpeg

Yeah, it almost falls off when the bolts are out.

Transmission is still supported, correct? I'd loosen the straps holding the tcase to the jack a little to let it move, bet your all misaligned and bound up on the shaft.
Transmission is not supported, should I have a jack on the pan as well? I’ll try loosening the straps first and see if that does it.

I should have added "in a perfect world".

Got the bugger! Still took some muscle but thanks to 3eyebandit for the tip. Cracked the white plastic over the top connection but other than that seems good. Now comes the fun part.

image.jpg

:hmm:

so whats going to happen to the t-case? some marlin crawler gears?
10% under-drive for the high range and the 3 to 1 low end gears. I’m told it’ll feel like driving stock on 35s so that’s the feeling I’m chasing. I believe the cruiser brothers kit is supplied by Sumo, which seems to have a good rep ‘round here.

:popcorn:

Interested to see how the under drive install goes...I have the Marlin Crawler in mine already plus 3:56's in the diffs from the PO. Ran pretty well with 285's and now running 315's. Would be nice to get a little extra pull with the under drive gearing, especially on the big hills just to get to the trails!

You gonna love the gear swap…puts the rpm’s in th right place…plus you dont have to regear the pumpkins….

Interested to see how the under drive install goes...I have the Marlin Crawler in mine already plus 3:56's in the diffs from the PO. Ran pretty well with 285's and now running 315's. Would be nice to get a little extra pull with the under drive gearing, especially on the big hills just to get to the trails!

While you have the case apart, I'd lose the VC, just so you don't have it seize up on you down the road. Living in LA, you have little, if any, need for the advantages of a healthy VC. JMHO.
What is a VC?

Yeah I’m pretty excited. Will post my results in this thread when it’s done. Getting the gears pressed on now, just high range set is left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom