Prospective members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all, I just realized there is a section just for SoCal people! This is very cool! I just got a 100 series about 6 months ago. Added a few upgrade to make it more trail friendly….OME Springs, Bilstein Shocks, rock slider, BFG M/T, OZ wheels, ARB rear locker…..

As for myself, I am 31 live in MPK area. Me and my wife have been wheeling for about 7+ years, Been to most of the trail from SD area to Big Sur. Did a little wheeling in CO and Utah.

One question, any of you will be meeting on July 3rd? I would love to meet some of your guys, and check out your rig.

Steve

No experience necessary?!?!?!?

My name is Tom. I'm 36 and live in LA near Glendale. We own an '83 HJ47 soft top troopy from the Australian Army. The truck is mostly stock, with a bull bar and PTO winch up front, long range fuel tank, roll bar, and a custom rear bumper with jerry can holders and lift/tow points.

Haven't been wheeling before, but I'm hoping to get involved with some folks with experience and learn a bit. I've got a babysitter and a pass for August 7th so that I can make it to the August meeting/safety inspection.

Mark A. is going to have a look at the truck and give it a once over after the other 45s have cleared out of his shop. In the meanwhile, I'm fighting the Man in order to get it registered.

Hey there, my name is John Stumbaugh and I have just moved to the LA area. Looking forward to getting to a meeting.

I am also looking for a new Cruiser - I'd kind of like to buy a FJ45, but would consider a 40 as well (especially a late model 79 or newer) . Looking forward to buying one that is not rusted out like most are back east.

thanks

-Stumbaugh

TLCA 3521

Last edited:
Cool spot! I've been on the side lines alot longer than actually posting.... I've only been to Azuza canyon. And been looking for trails and trail'rs for the longest. I'm glad I'm not alone. I got a beater 87 runner (piston rod broke off the crank and ramed though the block) an 85 fj60 for trails... and an fj80 thats the wifes.... Any ways... they are all stock xept for the beater... It would be awsome to join in the fun but I will be working 70+ hours per week till january... and ... well I just dont know bout now.... so I just wanted to let you guys know that we are out here (somewhere) in this damn concrete jungle. Oh and of cours its nice to see felow mudders/cruiser in the middle of all these chevys, jeeps, and fords...

sweet. you maybe seen my fj out in the cayon. (im mostly in the rocks tho)
so if you see me say whats up

IMG_9020-1.jpg

Eric

Just bought an 1988 FJ62 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'll have it ready and see you guys at the next meeting. It's nice to see a club close to home. I look forward to meeting everyone.
-Randy

see you tuesday Randy
Dave.

Hi all...I've been in my 74' 40 for about a year now and haven't gotten off road with anybody else yet. I've only gone up to Hungry Valley a few times. Obviously, I'm new to the truck world, having been mostly into sports cars since I can remember. Looking to meet some of the people I always read posts from and get out on a trail or two, as well! Alright, hopefully I'll catch everybody at the next meeting. Thanks.

-Steve

My name is Seth. I'm a fat middle-aged white guy with an 83 FJ60. I like to wheel, wrench, break stuff, fix stuff, buy stuff, etc. I'm a wannabe redneck.

My name is Seth. I'm a fat middle-aged white guy with an 83 FJ60. I like to wheel, wrench, break stuff, fix stuff, buy stuff, etc. I'm a wannabe redneck.

You forgot to mention 'WAY OVERDUE to wheel';p

Seth also has a FF rear with LSD and an ARB front end, so his rig should theoretically work really well once he gets it in the dirt.

Look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.

You forgot to mention 'WAY OVERDUE to wheel';p

Seth also has a FF rear with LSD and an ARB front end, so his rig should theoretically work really well once he gets it in the dirt.

Look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.

Thanks Mark. I'll see you on June 3.

Last edited:
Next meeting is June 1st at Coco's in Sunland at 7:30pm?

Are there any junkyards near Los Angeles area that have land cruisers? I’d like to get some extra doors to convert to half doors. Any all Toyota Junkyards? I’d love to go rummage for random crap but I’d hate to waste my time in non-Toyota yards. Who has experience with these places (i.e. San Fernando Valley, Sun Valley, Van Nuys…)

Are there any junkyards near Los Angeles area that have land cruisers? I’d like to get some extra doors to convert to half doors. Any all Toyota Junkyards? I’d love to go rummage for random crap but I’d hate to waste my time in non-Toyota yards. Who has experience with these places (i.e. San Fernando Valley, Sun Valley, Van Nuys…)

There's one licenced dismantler in the City of Burbank. Little shop called Mark's Off Road. Landcruiser only!

:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom