Prospective members (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm glad I went to the meeting. I enjoyed meeting the group. A few of you helped me reconsider some of the modifications I want to do.

I expect that I will come to the meeting monthly and go on some of the trail runs.

Have you checked out the scan gauges? I was bummed that the FJ60's only have ODBI and you 80's guys get the ODBII. Defintely another screen to take up your already busy center console.

Yes I have. I'm getting one soon. Lots of information the gauges to show. I think there are a few ODBI readers out there.

I know there are engine code "readers" but I am not sure there are full out scan gauges that give more than a code and explanation for ODBI. I'll have to research that more.

Sorry Randy ODBI folks are borked! You're "reader" is a paperclip :p

That's what I thought. :) Back to the middle ages. You ODBII guys are lucky. Mark would say the opposite.

Mark thinks fuel injection is the work of the devil :flipoff2:

But he has my carb for my 60 right now so leave Mark alone! :p

FJ62 over here in Monrovia

hey guys-

my name is jonathan

after yrs of searching, I finally bought a stock FJ62 in early april. then, a few months later, it was rear-ended in the driver's side bumper/ rear qtr panel...:crybaby: after seeing the other car, wife & daughter were sold on the cruiser's ability to withstand such an impact. now, our daughter wants my rig as soon as she get's her license, which would make any cruiser-dad happy :cool:
anyhow, we had bodywork done & a kaymar bumper installed at TLC [I know, they're pricey :bang:]

we haven't taken the rig off-roading yet, as it's bone stock... for now. planning to have the majority of maintenance done at mark's off-road

I am planning to purchase a cb radio soon, since it's recommended on the dirtytoyschool trails w/ bill burke & co. in borrego springs.

would love to join the trailcrew & get the kids [16, 10 & 5] hooked...never too young to start the addiction ;p

we're signed up for surf n turf 08 :beer:

hope I can make the next mtg. peace out
jonathan

surf n turf - fri or sat?

Welcome Jonathan!

Mark is cool, does good work. He is also a member of Trail Crew

thx joey-

yeah, can you believe it? I actually got a hold of mark :eek: cool cat. I gotta get our rig ready for surf n turf, then the dirtytoyschool - borrego springs trail in dec.

I repsonded to one of your posts regarding surf n turf...being one need of a caboose. but, if we go up the 101, we should be ok - I was more worried goin up the grapevine :confused:

we're planning to go up fri afternoon - how many other peeps are leaving for surf n turf on fri or sat? I'm thinking of setting up a meeting spot either in the valley or in malibu....thoughts anyone?

jonathan

I am thinking about doing the dirtytoyschool as well!

Yeah going through the 5 to get there would just suck since the 101 is a straight shot pretty much. I am currently torn on when to leave. If I go up on Thur or Fri I have to go alone. This is ok because I would rather at least get my spot secured. I've never been so I don't know how hectic it can get. Then I would have to leave on Sat morn to pick up my wife and kid and then come back. We are thinking about possibly bringing both the LX and the 60 but I really dont want to. The 60 needs too much work done still.

I am thinking about doing the dirtytoyschool as well!

I haven't gotten the final approval from the :princess: yet. maybe, cuz she doesn't want to spend $$ for the kids to go too...it seems like so much fun though!!! maybe, I'll leave the :princess: & kids at home on this one. :hmm:

If I go up on Thur or Fri I have to go alone. This is ok because I would rather at least get my spot secured. I've never been so I don't know how hectic it can get. Then I would have to leave on Sat morn to pick up my wife and kid and then come back.

you're in woodland hills, right? as SNT 08 nears, I don't mind coordinating a meeting place for other cruisers to meet -either in the valley or malibu.

we'll most likely leave after the kids get outta school on fri. I'd rather not wait til sat morn, & discover there are sucky spots left.

let's keep in touch.

I haven't gotten the final approval from the :princess: yet. maybe, cuz she doesn't want to spend $$ for the kids to go too...it seems like so much fun though!!! maybe, I'll leave the :princess: & kids at home on this one. :hmm:

you're in woodland hills, right? as SNT 08 nears, I don't mind coordinating a meeting place for other cruisers to meet -either in the valley or malibu.

we'll most likely leave after the kids get outta school on fri. I'd rather not wait til sat morn, & discover there are sucky spots left.

let's keep in touch.

I really want my wife there because I want her to been as confident on the trails as I am. She often helps with my projects.

After dinner tonight we talked about SnT and its been decided that for sure we will be taking two vehicles. So I will be going up with the 60. So I have work to do to make the drive not suck so much. :p

I am still unsure of when I will be going. It could be Thursday or Fri. Not sure. As it gets closer then it will be easier to figure out.

Make sure you go to the meeting on the 7th!

Joey,
If you go up thursday evening or friday morninglet me know. That's when i will be going up with my 62.

Make sure you go to the meeting on the 7th!

is this at the coco's in sunland? if so, what time?
if not, where?

Joey,
If you go up thursday evening or friday morninglet me know. That's when i will be going up with my 62.

randy-
aren't you in sta clarita? are you planning to go up the grapevine? I'm afraid my 62 w/ family & gear in tow won't hit >50mph goin up :frown:

Yup thats the one. Get there around 7 you should be fine. Plan on staying or awhile after. We all chit chat for a few hours after.

I have a feeling Randy will be taking the 126 but who knows.

is this at the coco's in sunland? if so, what time?
if not, where?

randy-
aren't you in sta clarita? are you planning to go up the grapevine? I'm afraid my 62 w/ family & gear in tow won't hit >50mph goin up :frown:

Joey is right. I will be taking the 126 up to Pismo. I would never want to go up the 5 to Pismo / SLO area. The 101 is such a nicer drive a long the coast as long as you don't get stuck is Santa Barbara traffic.
The toughest part of the 101 will be the grade right after Goleta as the 101 starts to go inland. I thought that my FJ62 would really suck it up on hills but last time I was in Fresno I could hold 50 mph up grades (around 8,000 ft elevation.) I don't forsee any problems getting to Pismo using the 101. The grapvine didn't hurt my truck either although I only had myself and a passenger and we were only half loaded for a camping weekend.
-Randy

Start a different thread for CHIT CHAT Guys. This thread is for "Prospective/non club members please introduce yourself and tell us about your rig, where you wheel, etc..."

Start a different thread for CHIT CHAT Guys. This thread is for "Prospective/non club members please introduce yourself and tell us about your rig, where you wheel, etc..."

Hey Ron!

Met you today at the Trail Teams event. Nice meeting you:

Now about me and my FJ60

I'm 39 and live in the San Gabriel Valley

I have a Tan 87 FJ60 which is all stock. It's in pretty good condition, or so I've been told.

I've done a lot of mechanical work to it that it was in dire need of as the PO neglected a bunch of things. Two PO's ago, a Toyota mechanic owned it and he took care of it.

Still have some Birfs to rebuild and a few leaks to tend to, but overall it's in good running condition. Carb runs really good now thanks to Mark A.

Haven't wheeled it yet and can't wait to do so.

Here it is: I named it Kenjitsu

P1120268.jpg

Hope to see you all soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom