1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prospective members

Discussion in 'CA- L.A. County Trailcrew' started by RokCrawlinToy, Jan 4, 2006.

1. RokCrawlinToy

RokCrawlinToy Crawler of Rocks

Prospective/Non-Club members

Prospective/non club members please introduce yourself and tell us about your rig, where you wheel, etc...

If you plan on joining us on a run or have questions about a run, please contact the run leader.Some runs are for club members only

The Trail Crew meets on the first Tuesday of every month at the CoCo s Restaurant on

10521 Sunland Blvd., Sunland, CA 91040 - Google Maps

Joe-President @ jsomervlle@earthlink.net

John-V.P. @ rebblist@yahoo.com

Ross-Treasurer @ bushpilot@4wdlow.com

Monica-Secretary @ monniepoo@aol.com

Ross-WebMaster @ bushpilot@4wdlow.com

IIRC the min reqs. are 2 runs, and 2 meetings[/COLOR] and your vehicle must meet our Safety Requirements Checklist

All vehicles must be maintained to conform to highway safety standards, as well as meet the minimum requirements listed below:

Roll bar or full cage or factory installed hard top.

Functional parking brake or micro lock.

Tow strap or rope (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).

First aid kit.

Jack capable of lifting the vehicle and a tool capable of removing lug nuts.

Spare tire equal to or within 3 inches of existing tires on the vehicle (no temporary spares).

Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.

Seat belts for all passengers.

Antenna(s) must not exceed 4'6", except when longer antennas are required by certain OHV areas.

Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e.. tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are not generally recommended.

Battery hold downs (no bungee cords).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  2. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers

Hi my name is Ian Rogers,

Im 23 years old
    i drive a 69 fj40, 135f, 1BBL carb, 34" superswampers, H41, ARB rear locker, Winch, 2" lift. Ummm and other mods.

I like to wheel in the socal area, Big Bear, Milller jeep, silverwood 2n17x, Calico, Pismo, Twin lakes,

I am looking to join a club that has a lot of runs to go on.

3. RokCrawlinToy

Cool, you're more than welcome to join us at a club meeting or a run.

Ron

4. Biff

Biff

Hello

Name is Victor Montano

I'm 33, drive a 94 FZJ80 w/ 33's, med OME lift, ff/rr ARBs.

Like to wheel in the SoCal area, Miller, Big Bear, Hungrey Valley.

5. RokCrawlinToy

Welcome Victor, hope to see you at a run or meeting
    Ron

6. AMMO

AMMO

Watch out for that Victor guy... And that Ian guy too. Both of them are a bit off if you know what I mean...

Just messing around, I can vouch for both as great guys who know the laws of the land. Funny how our little So Cal group is branching out.

-Matt

Oh ya,

About myself.

Matt Collins, 28yrs old. Rig in sig, but quick break down, 94FZJ80 locked all around, 37's, 5.29's, linex'd interior, Co2, Armor, and not afraid to drive it like it's supposed to be driven.

One run with Trail Crew, Miller night run...

7. RokCrawlinToy

8. Biff

Biff

Most definetely, to bad I can't make this Sat. run having my house earthquake retrofitted. Oh well I'll try to make the next one.

9. 65swb45

65swb45 Supporting Vendor

Ron, funnily enough, IIRC, all three of these prospects were camped just a couple hundred feet away from the TrailCrew camp at Surf N Turf. :)

10. clownmidget

clownmidget

forrest gump-er

I must be stupid as I just found this thread :doh:

particulars about me:
    Mike Robson, just turned 40, 1997 80-series on 37's, in CA have only run Miller, Rohwer, JB and most of the other stuff up in BigBear, Truckhaven, some stuff out in the Mojave, stuff in Death Valley, and that's about it.

Still trying to actually hook up with the Trail Crew but don't have a lot of spare time. But I've met and wheeled with Ian, Sam and Matt - hope that doesn't say the wrong thing about me :hillbilly

11. RokCrawlinToy

Welcome to the Club's forum. I have only wheeled with Matt so far, and I believe Ian just went on the Saline run with the club.
    Come on out to a run or a meeting.

12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch SILVER Star

Greetings. My Jame is Jason Hower, age 33. My wife drives my 96 FZJ80 w/factory lockers, which has been christened "Moby Dick" by my 2 year-old. It was purchased this summer in response to last year's winter here in the San Berdu mountains (figures - no real snow yet THIS year). I've always wanted one of these, and I think I've sold my wife on the idea of building an expedition rig.

Before I go spending our child's college fund on cruiser goodies, we need to learn how to use it as is.

Moby will be wearing new Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors in 305/70/16 next week, and I look forawrd to trying them out next time we get a chance (hopefully on a future Trail Crew outing!).

13. RokCrawlinToy

Hey Jason,
    Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing you at a run or meeting.

14. 94landcruiser

94landcruiser

Hello!

My name is Stefan I have a 94 Land Cruiser which is stock. I have not been offroad since High School (I am 43) when I had a 40 with a 351 and all the goodies. We went to what we called the pit which is now a golf course south of Mulholland and between coldwater & Benedict Canyons above Beverly Hills. Thanks.

15. RokCrawlinToy

Welcome Stefan

16. PKP80

PKP80

Fashionably Late with my intro, but do forgive.

I'm Sam/Sammy, run a 1996 FZJ80 no longer stock but the details are currently being worked on in terms of suspension etc. (all required item are covered).

Signed up for the Wednesday Morn. Breakfast Run at the Rubicon in June and am trying to make it out to the June meeting so that I can meet and greet. Hopefully I'll be done with the truck by then, but you all know how that works, wrenching unitl the last minute possible.

Sam

17. 65swb45

If you want some pointers ;) or just want to get acquainted, we're gonna have a club picnic and safety inspection at our regular meeting place on Sat May 20th. It's in a separate thread in this forum.

Maps here:

http://www.thetrailcrew.com

Hope to see you there.

Mark A.

18. Biscuit

Biscuit Mars Rover Driver Emeritus SILVER Star

Hey all,

My name is Mike Seibert. I'm realtively new to the L.A. area (originaly from Colorado) and only came out here because of a job that was waaaaay to good to pass up.

My rig is a 1974 FJ40 with 3 on the floor with a freshly re-rebuilt F engine (whole other story), with a Weber 38/38 carb on it. I repainted it Dune Beige a couple years back and only last month got the last body parts back on (the rear doors). Soon it will also have one of Eshan's famed soft tops.

My 40 still isn't quite ready for any sort of run, but hopefully soon.

19. 65swb45

Hey Mike! Welcome. See if you can cruise by our club picnic on the 20th. Directions are on thetrailcrew.com website.

There may be a couple of other old school 3 speeders there.;)

20. Tunnelratt

Tunnelratt

Hey everyone, Name is Steve, looks like the oldest to post recently, 50 y/o, 3rd generation S.F.V. Native, screen name is one of a number of alter egos, had always been a Flat Fender Fanatic, converted to an FJ40, factory soft top model, the addiction is much worse, have been hardcore and poser, not sure where I will end up with this one but I am thinking it might be wise to meet a few others with the same insanity, would be interested in attending a meeting, wha da ya think? Steve:cool: