PROPER INTRODUCTION (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And gone is the LPG crap!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1435007425.230823.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1435007441.502917.jpg

Now I have to find the spare tire mechanism so I can put it back up under the bed. I'm pretty sure it was totally removed when they did the LPG conversion.

Next up....figuring out the soft brake pedal. If it's a booster/master cylinder thing I might have to save my pennies for a bit as that stuff doesn't come cheap!!

Looks great man! Didnt you have a pic of the headache rack put together? i was gonna save the pic for reference when i weld up mine from kevin.

Nope no together picture. Headache rack is still in pieces wrapped back up in the cardboard it came in. Don't think I'll throw it on the rig until I do the body work/paint it.

Starting to think a two part restoration. Restore the bed this winter and the rest at some other point....sounds kinda stupid but oh well I've been called worse.

Good point!

To be honest I really want to see the headache rack and tailgate on a straight freshened up painted bed!! The original tailgate with the big "TOYOTA" on it is one of the more aesthetic things on these rigs in my opinion. That and the round corner windows...

DMV question..

So here is a picture of my ID/VIN plate on the inside of my R front fender.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1435027127.485872.jpg

I had to convince the woman for 10 minutes that 104492 was actually the VIN. Can someone on here check my work and say for certain that IS actually my VIN?

Cheers

Awesome thanks hawk. Makes sense now that you point that out!

Good point!

To be honest I really want to see the headache rack and tailgate on a straight freshened up painted bed!! The original tailgate with the big "TOYOTA" on it is one of the more aesthetic things on these rigs in my opinion. That and the round corner windows...[/QUOTE

Yes for years before i owned a 45 i was hunting just a tailgate to hang on the garage wall. I still may buy one from kevin just as a show piece !

It's about time to get that top and doors off and start enjoying the summer! Glad to see things are moving along. Make the trip up to Camas one of these days and I'll have a couple cold Breakside IPA's waiting.

Been driving my truck everywhere this summer, having a blast with an ear to ear grin.

Man I'd love to make it up there!! Gotta figure out my brakes before I go too far from home. I hear stopping is an important part of driving!! Should be sorted out one way or another in the next couple weeks.

It's been quite a while since I've updated anything regarding my 45 (not much has happened in the way of mechanical progress) but when something as significant as finally getting the title in the mail happens you gotta post something correct??!!

Anyone that has dealt with titling an imported vehicle in the US has felt my pain. 3 trips to the DMV over 4 months and on Xmas eve low and behold I've got a brand spanking new OR title for my rig!!

Happy holidays everyone!!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451004927.001183.jpg

Ok fellow 45 owners that have swapped in a newer 2F with a newer style air cleaner.

Here are some question: I picked up this 77' 2F the other day to swap into my 45 because.......

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451194808.005574.jpg

this is what my current engine is doing.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451195248.696682.jpg

I have a newer style air cleaner that sits on top of the 2F engine from a 60 that I believe will bolt to the engine. Will the newer style air cleaner fit under the hood? The current set up has the air filter that sits beside the engine and attaches by the front 2 head bolts. Does anyone know if I can use the new air cleaner with my current intake/exhaust/carb set up?

Also can anyone tell me what the better option would be in terms of intake/exhaust and Carburator? If possible I'd like to reuse the exhaust/intake and carb that came on my rig, a RHD NZ truck with my new 2F and newer style air cleaner. Everything currently looks like this.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451196247.424468.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451196321.409883.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1451196435.620205.jpg

Oh I forgot my other concern!!

If I have to use a newer exhaust/intake and carb set up I'm worried my current choke and accelerator linkage won't mate up.

Any insight into all these questions would be awesome!!

I think the guru Jim answered some of my question..... Hopefully the link below works.

Valve cover and head??

Looks like my 85' air cleaner will not work for my new 77' 2F. I'm trying to stay away from taking out the front 2 head bolts to bolt on the air cleaner that is on the engine I'm removing on the engine I'm putting in.

So I guess the next question is if I find a 77' air cleaner that sits on top of the 77' 2F I'm putting in will the exhaust/intake carb that's on the 2F I'm pulling match up? Hopefully someone knows!!

Another update. The hording of parts continues for the eventually very slow resto mod... Once I finish our master bath remodel mama says I can play with my toy again AKA the 45. Well if Friday's deliver wasn't enough incentive to finish the bathroom I don't know what is.

Received all the pieces for a new floor for the bed. I'm sure the OEM can be salvaged but the allure of a brand new dent free bed sucked me in. Plus I had the sheet metal company make it out of 14 GA metal so it'll be pretty stout and hopefully hold up to some abuse. Purchased the flat plans from Awltec (kevin) and worked with the company for a couple months to make sure we had all our T's crossed and I's dotted. I've got some work/welding ahead of me....

image.jpeg

That's great! Is the shop you dealt with willing to make more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom