PROPER INTRODUCTION (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I gang
I ordered one with Nik and got mine yesterday, actually I ordered 2 as I have. 65 and a 40 to 45 hybrid. I asked the engineer that question when I called yesterday about delivery. Jason said no problem. I would suggest if some of you are interested that you place the order together as the more pieces you make the price gets cheaper. An excellent company to work with and the shipping/packaging is the best. Give yourself plenty of lead time as they are busy and you will have to get in line. Additionally the craftsmanship is top drawer.

Awltec was happy to share the flat plans he developed for a very small fee. I think continuing to go through him for the plans and paying him for the time he invested in creating those plans is a very important piece if folks are interested in having a floor made.

I agree with Nic he (Awltec) spent many hours working out the details so the pieces would fit and come out correct we as a group should be very thankful that he agreed to share with us for a small fee so we can get these non existent replacement parts. All questions should go to Nik for future parts requests.

Can you PM me the details? $$ Thanks.

Well I've had the 45 up and running pretty well for a couple months now so thought I'd post up a pick and give an update. The heart transplant was completed. Put in a 2F out of a 78' 40 that I bought from a guy doing a diesel swap about 20 miles away. Replaced the brake master and brake wheel cylinders all the way around and lastly got her new shoes. I've never owned a pick up before so having the 45 up and running is awesome as I'm an avid do it your selfer/fixer up of the house/yard. My pick is of the 45 with a bunch of treated lumber in it to build raised beds for this summers veggies. Also got my first card under the wind shield wiper today asking if she was for sale. Awesome! Would love to do a 45 meet up in the Portland metro area if there are any other owners out there that are willing. This truck is so awesome. Thanks to everyone that helped me get her road worthy!

IMG_8806.JPG

Nic, I bet it feels good.... looks good too.

Man taking the top off might open up multiple cans of worms I'm not ready for. Right now I can't see much rust in the cab but who knows once I get the top off... My 45 doesn't have the hinges like I've seen on some of the older 45's so it would probably be as big a pain in the you know what as it is taking the top of my 40. Windows down is good enough for now

And yes Mark it does feel good! It's crazy how many honks and thumbs up you get driving these old trucks. Not to mention the conversations that get started in parking lots. Pretty cool experience all the way around. Makes all the work worth it. And mine isn't even as close to as nice as yours is!

Nic, it's an "FJ45 LPB" cool on every level....

Nic
Good to see you are up and running. I have been working to get more $ to continue with my 45. As you know I have all the parts to put the bed together and that will happen this summer. I will be doing a spot in the bed build, stay tuned.

Nothing big, picked up a set of used OEM hubcaps today. 20$ on craigslist for all 4 so I couldn't pass it up. A bit dented a bit rusty so they fit in really well with the rest of the 45. Matched right up to the 16 inch splits. Well it did take some serious muscle to push those damn things on but...I think they look pretty cool.

IMG_8881.JPG

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

HA! If I shined em up they'd be the only shiny thing on the truck except for my new OEM bumper!! Good trick though I'll put that one in my back pocket for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom