Projects while keeping distance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Learned that 80 series springs are too much for the LX AHC system. Even with 280 pounds in the back. I get to swap the springs again now.

OR build a new rear bumper to match the front ;)

I had to switch to 80 springs when I put the 4x4 labs rear bumper on the 3rd gen 4R

What's the reason for the rear axle swap? Wanted to get a diff lock?

Had a bad brake caliper, and so I can be cooler than other LX470 owners with their lousy limited slip. (LSD actually works great in these)

Also some play in the original diff. No clunk now. I guess I did it for sh*ts and grins more than anything.

Doing things for S&G can be a strong motivating force ;) . Turbo project started yesterday.

1587219146081.png
1587219190339.png

Doing things for S&G can be a strong motivating force ;) . Turbo project started yesterday.
'Bout time. But, I didn't know tires were attached to the engine.

How does a 4Runner fully loaded for overland get 21mpg on the way to UT?

Follow a fully loaded 80 on 35’s...there goes my gas mileage!

How does a 4Runner fully loaded for overland get 21mpg on the way to UT?

Follow a fully loaded 80 on 35’s...there goes my gas mileage!

Oh yeah, getting 21 mpg then KABOOM, there went the 3.4 V6 engine. That was a s***ty weekend for you Steve :bang:

'Bout time. But, I didn't know tires were attached to the engine.

It's easier to bring the whole shebang down for ease of access vs climbing a stool continuously and bending over. Today will be under engine work at first so she's back on jack stands, then we'll lower it again for engine bay work.

80% completed Sat. Projects like these go smoothly when you have capable nurses :rofl:

1587303485255.png
1587305495854.png
1587305521692.png

Last edited:
I will receive a RTT, Roofnest Falcon, in a few days. It weighs in at 140#. 50" wide, 83" long . I have two Yakima load bars, on gutter mounted tower brackets for support. Is 2 enough for this RTT and weight of 2 adults? Or, do I need a 3rd load bar? The 2 bars are the recommended distance apart at 37 inches. 36-42 inches as per Roofnest. I only plan to carry 4 recovery boards and a few other low weight items on these load bars , along with this RTT.

I also could use some extra lifting help, to get the RRT up from the ground to the load bars on top of my 80 series. Not sure the exact delivery date yet, but probably late this week or first of next week. Just need me and 3 other people ( at the corners) to safely lift the RTT . Should only take a few minutes. I live in north Rio Rancho.
I can offer a cold Bosque beer for payment for your help or my future offer to help you out on your next project.:beer: and/or 🛠.

Thanks for input on my project.

PS I will not remove my wheels and tires to lower my 4x4 closer to the ground for this project!! See Ali's recent pictures......:rofl:

I have three load bars and that's what I suggest. Congrats on the purchase!!

I will receive a RTT, Roofnest Falcon, in a few days. It weighs in at 140#. 50" wide, 83" long . I have two Yakima load bars, on gutter mounted tower brackets for support. Is 2 enough for this RTT and weight of 2 adults? Or, do I need a 3rd load bar? The 2 bars are the recommended distance apart at 37 inches. 36-42 inches as per Roofnest. I only plan to carry 4 recovery boards and a few other low weight items on these load bars , along with this RTT.

I also could use some extra lifting help, to get the RRT up from the ground to the load bars on top of my 80 series. Not sure the exact delivery date yet, but probably late this week or first of next week. Just need me and 3 other people ( at the corners) to safely lift the RTT . Should only take a few minutes. I live in north Rio Rancho.
I can offer a cold Bosque beer for payment for your help or my future offer to help you out on your next project.:beer: and/or 🛠.

PS I will not remove my wheels and tires to lower my 4x4 closer to the ground for this project!! See Ali's recent pictures......:rofl:

Let me know if you don't find any volunteers that live closer to help lift it. I will be happy to help.

Let me know if you don't find any volunteers that live closer to help lift it. I will be happy to help.
Mauser,
Thanks for your offer, but we live just about as far apart as possible. I will see who I can get closer to my location. Thanks again. I will let you know.

I have three load bars and that's what I suggest. Congrats on the purchase!!
Thanks,
I have looked on ABQ Craigslist, but no used tower rack brackets. I have a long enough bar , but no extra tower bracket. I agree that 3 seems like the best way.

Anybody local to Albuquerque area, have 2 extra Yakima gutter clamp tower brackets they would like to sell?

I would be happy to come help. I live in the north valley. Just let me know when.

Anybody local to Albuquerque area, have 2 extra Yakima gutter clamp tower brackets they would like to sell?
I think I have found a pair of these tower Clamps. Just got to get them. So I will be good to mount a 3rd load bar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom