Project MOVIESTAR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you still thinking about making sill plates?

Ok, I am ready to start making these again. Got the material to re-tool (previous tooling would only make about 2 sets before breaking) I will also offer satin clear powdercoating for a small upcharge if desired. The raw aluminum is really susceptible to scratches, clear lacquer provides a cheap covering, but no where near as durable as the powder coating.

I know 71greenpig, yelmarb and walkerman are in for a set. I plan to make a run of 3 sets this weekend.

Ok, I am ready to start making these again. Got the material to re-tool (previous tooling would only make about 2 sets before breaking) I will also offer satin clear powdercoating for a small upcharge if desired. The raw aluminum is really susceptible to scratches, clear lacquer provides a cheap covering, but no where near as durable as the powder coating.

I know 71greenpig, yelmarb and walkerman are in for a set. I plan to make a run of 3 sets this weekend.

I am in for 2 sets

On the door sill plates, I'm thinking $120 for the set of 4, satin powder coat included and standard ground shipping in the continental US. Can ship outside the US, just add on the extra shipping.

Awesome! I can't wait to see how these turn out.

I began the re-tooling today. (3rd round, getting better) The corners are much sharper than the previous versions, but I am having some trouble with the aluminum shifting during the forming process. Will try to fix that tomorrow, and if all is good, start punching some sets out.

one of the new tools I had to make

The one on the right is from the new tooling. Notice how much tighter the corners are. This one drifted during the form, so is lopsided. Promising, but not ready for production yet.

I'll take 2 sets.

9EA83DDD-E6A5-4F4B-9E26-28F4F5D5D774.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom