Project MOVIESTAR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Why? Why did I agree to another Pig? I swore after the last one, no more Pigs, I want to work on muscle cars! Well......bag that idea, I am back! Sucker for a good story ;)

Now, why project MOVIESTAR for a title. This piggie has some film history! ELyse please correct me if I am wrong, but it does make an appearance in the 2001 short film "Sweet", by Elyse Couvillion. :clap:

I plan to document this build as I did my previous FJ55 Deconstruction build. Part documentation, part blog, part rant. There will be a second way to follow this build, if we can pester Elyse into continuing her blog.

Well, what do they say? Roll Cameras? Sure, lets roll!

A smiling face to greet you.
ElyseFJ55pre-decon007.jpg

The reason you are here, piggie.
ElyseFJ55pre-decon008.jpg

Custom air inlet valve, for passenger comfort, of course
ElyseFJ55pre-decon009.jpg

With Frankencruiser, the reluctant donor.
ElyseFJ55pre-decon013.jpg

And so it begins....again. Love it!:cheers::bounce::popcorn:

This could be good....
:popcorn:

Yes *sniff* that's my baby.

Back in LA without a car, since nothing can take the place of my piggie.

Cue Missing Persons: "Walking in LA"...

Cue Missing Persons: "Walking in LA"...

This thread/film does need a soundtrack, that tune was on my mind when I clicked...

Also, request more character development on FrankenCruiser, underhood closeups (of the Pigs) and a current pic of Elyse.

Flirt.................................:flipoff2:

Got any plans for the blue :pig: once it donates it's roof? :hmm: Are you taking the windshield surround too?

The plans for Frankencruiser are very fluid. It really depends on what the sandblasting uncovers. Possible plans are; to let it go topless, swap the two roofs straight across, piece together a pickup style cab with parts of the rusty roof, or part the whole rig.

Teardown on the moviestar started today. Drivers side lights, mirror, tail lights and markers came off. Drivers side door and cargo panels came off. As expected, low end rust looks minimal, there is far more bondo on the rear corner and front fender.

File the roof rails under "if a little bit is good, a lot must be better" fallacy. The seam sealer was layed on flush with the top of the rail. While it seems like a great idea, and is very effective keeping water out, the converse is also true. Once water gets in, it becomes very effective keeping it in. My current idea, is to put on the new roof, then use Line-X in the roof rails and up an inch or so onto the roof. I might reinforce the mount points for the roof rack as well.

No pictures today, forgot the camera at work. I will post up some tomorrow.

What do you call what is missing? Protective clutch cover??? Anybody know what size bolts go in this cover (provided I'm going in the right direction)????????

Mine's off right now.........how bad am I asking for trouble? I'm not driving it much but am about to.......anybody have the bolt size or some xtra bolts for sale???

*Did a search and saw Poser's comments that some have them but some don't......will continue search to find correct bolts needed to put flywheel cover on..........8mm x 1.25mm?? (sorry for hi-jack)

Last edited:
Mine's off right now.........how bad am I asking for trouble? I'm not driving it much but am about to.......anybody have the bolt size or some xtra bolts for sale???

*Did a search and saw Poser's comments that some have them but some don't......will continue search to find correct bolts needed to put flywheel cover on..........8mm x 1.25mm?? (sorry for hi-jack)

I've probably got some extras if you want them - price = postage if I've got 'em.

I always run with mine on. The flywheel cover is more of a guard - it won't keep water out. It will help keep everything from getting caked in mud though. ih8mud

Mine's off right now.........how bad am I asking for trouble?

The diesels all have a full coverage bellhousing so I have no concerns.

If I had a gasser I'd be concerned about errant rocks getting up in the flywheel area and screwing things up. If you go flying down a gravel road you always hear the rocks off the bottom of the truck or wheel wells.

"Scorcher 1967", if you need any piggy sheet metal lets see if we can get Paul Pilgrim to make it up. He makes up all sorts of sheet metal panels that are no longer available. It may be a useful contact for you for other resto's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom