Problem installing Bluetooth in 100 series LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might be heading in the wrong direction. When I installed a BT 45 Toy, I pulled the front dash vents, 4 bolts to get the entire head unit (nav, ac, etc) able to pull out to the end of its cables. This is where the BT 45 cable needs to be inserted in the loop. Make room somewhere inside the dash for the small BT 45 box. Put back together (after testing interface).

Find photos and steps on YouTube.

Last edited:
^^^ Totally Agree! Just completed this DIY a few weeks ago. Pulled dash vents, removed the 4 bolts for the head unit, used the BT45-TOY harness on the rear of the head unit. Carefully dressed the new harness and extra wiring inside the radio frame to allow it to slide back into the space in the dash. Test connectivity and CD function and then replace the head unit. You have to route the pigtail that runs to the BT unit up the top of the radio space and then behind the right dash vent to get it down behind the glove box. That is where I chose to mount mine.

Thankfully, there is great posts that have all this documented with pictures:
DIY Bluetooth Integration Install 2002 LX 470 w/ Factory Nav

Thanks for all the input everyone.

I wasn't trying to attack the area you are describing at first because I had an idea that ended up working well. See images! Basically, I liked the "period" look of the 6 CD changer lid and felt like it was part of the character of the lid, so I removed the whole unit, gutted the CD player and installed the bluetooth module in it. I know others have installed the module out of sight, but I liked having it handy for its USB and Aux In ports. I velcroed it to the inside of the steel box so that its removable. In the future I may fill the void space in the box with a black foam but we will see. Also, the BT45-TOY said I need a CAS-TLC cable for my 2002 100 series LC but I did not. Just FYI....

IMG_9350.JPG
IMG_9351.JPG

Thanks for all the input everyone.

I wasn't trying to attack the area you are describing at first because I had an idea that ended up working well. See images! Basically, I liked the "period" look of the 6 CD changer lid and felt like it was part of the character of the lid, so I removed the whole unit, gutted the CD player and installed the bluetooth module in it. I know others have installed the module out of sight, but I liked having it handy for its USB and Aux In ports. I velcroed it to the inside of the steel box so that its removable. In the future I may fill the void space in the box with a black foam but we will see. Also, the BT45-TOY said I need a CAS-TLC cable for my 2002 100 series LC but I did not. Just FYI....

View attachment 1370031 View attachment 1370032
I just bought a 2003 that has the nav and a cd changer that doesn't work. The previous owner installed a BT45-TOY but it doesn't seem to be producing any sound. Could it be because the CD changer doesn't work? Is the system no dependent on a CD changer being present? The current set up in my truck requires me to to select a disc. Which disc, I'm not sure as only discs 4 and 6 are recognized and neither option produces any sound via Bluetooth.

I just bought a 2003 that has the nav and a cd changer that doesn't work. The previous owner installed a BT45-TOY but it doesn't seem to be producing any sound. Could it be because the CD changer doesn't work? Is the system no dependent on a CD changer being present? The current set up in my truck requires me to to select a disc. Which disc, I'm not sure as only discs 4 and 6 are recognized and neither option produces any sound via Bluetooth.

I’m not terribly familiar with the BT45-TOY, but I do have a fair bit of experience with some of the competing products. With the competing products, you press the “disc” button a second time to switch from the CD/DVD to the “add on box”. Have you tried this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom