For Sale Pristine '72 FJ40 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased this Toyota Land Cruiser from a restoration shop. This 72 was completed two years ago, has barely been driven since I purchased. Absolutely beautiful top-notch restoration. The truck was bought 99% rust free prior to the restoration.

Asking $55,000.00

This truck was built to be daily driven, but it is a show quality piece. I have been told countless times it is the nicest FJ anyone has seen. I have seen them typically offered at RM Auctions or Gooding and selling for almost double what I am asking.

Below is everything that was on the listing when I purchased it.

MECHANICAL
1983 Australian spec inline 6 (2F) motor. Similar to the US 2F but without all the emissions stuff that needs to be plugged off. You get the old school motor with the better oiling and more horsepower. Electric choke Weber carburetor, aluminum oversized radiator. Has upgraded fuel pump to electric to eliminate fuel starvation issues with the stock pump when mated with a performance carburetor. 1976 FJ40 fine spline axles 4.10 geared with front disc brakes. 1976 FJ40 4 speed and 4 speed transfer case. 1 finger turn GM power steering. 99% tread on 32/11.5/15 mud tires. Quiet exhaust, 3 in lift kit.

BODY
Panels are original to this vehicle, painted to fire engine "torch" red and bright white. Doors all open and shut perfectly. I bought this truck 99% rust free, any minor surface rust was cut out and replaced with metal. All FJ40's heat up from engine and exhaust. I raptor lined the tub and inner fenders to provide protection from wear and heat. I left the factory "spot weld" dimples in the body to show the true integrity, and that is how they came from the factory so no need to smooth them all out. I spent hours on all the custom painted emblems and parts. You will never see the same FJ40 out there (Unless someone copies this one). I installed new comfortable seats designed for daily driving.. Guys over 200lbs and 6 foot can drive this one comfortably. Shoulder belts with newer FJ40 roll bar. Tuck and tumble rear seat with belts.

My opinion regarding this Cruiser.

This truck is for a guy/gal that wants one of the best FJ40’s in existence. To cruise it, take it out on date night, show it, talk about it. These trucks grab incredible attention in any cosmetic state, this one has been taken to that “next level” and will be a solid vehicle to enjoy as well as a solid investment. LA Times calls the FJ40 the most sought after vintage SUV, with the most projected value increase. There are a lot of “nice” 25k Cruisers out there, park that Cruiser next to this one, there is no comparison. I suggest you as a buyer look at several restored Cruisers around shops in the US, then look at this one. I think this Cruiser looks better in person than the pictures.

I have a clear clean MA state title in hand. I welcome any 3rd party inspection.

Im sure you are going to hear plenty. Lots of nice mods that really hurt the value of a 40.

That's a nice original FJ Cruiser in the back

:cheers:

It looks like he is a new user. Clearly he has never seen a pristine restoration like many of the members here have done. That is a very nicely modified 40 and is clearly in the 15,000 to 25,000 range. 55,000 for something that is the wrong color missing so many original parts, is just crazy. Also the FJ Cruiser in the back is an FJ the one being sold is a 40 or FJ40.

Dude- you're dreaming on that price. Put it on eBay and I bet it'll do half your asking price.

"Weber carb" and "Saginaw power steering conversion" are phrases that should never be used in a description when the title includes the phrase "pristine restoration".

Nice cruiser though.

Beautiful truck, I'm sure there are 10s of thousands of dollars into it...

I agree that you probably can't get your asking price out of it based on other trucks either more original or more upgraded in fully resto'ed clean condition for way less. I however hope that you DO get your price because I may have a resto-mod 40 for sale soon and the more you get the more I'll be able to ask! :beer:

Good luck with the sale... let us know what happens.

Nice ride. I think he will do well on the sale. Lots of people with too much money are willing to spend it on things they want and many won't give a rats ass on it not being stock.

Looks like alot of $ spent on this but why would anybody paint all the silver interior stuff black?...and with paint that nice I would kind-of expect to see the rubber standoffs behind the bezel to keep it from digging in the paint. Should've chosen the larger Bestop rear seat instead of the tiny one pictured. Plastic door lever handles MIA. All the exterior bolts painted black is a real turn-off too. Nice enough truck but not the way I would have done it.

Typically when this sort of ad appears from a newbie, they'll post up that it suddenly sold at their ridiculous selling price just to prove us all wrong. Then it pops up on eBay a few days later.

Honestly this doesn't look a whole lot different or cleaner than my 79 I sold a few years back for $14,200. Of course I had no hardtop and it was an aluminum tub truck. But I have no doubt whatsoever that there's $55k into it if a real restoration shop did all the work. A friend of mine does real restorations and I help him out from time to time. He just finished a $60k early 70's F250. That's probably worth 20. But the guy wanted it done and it's absolutely beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom