Prinsu Design 100 Series Full Roof Rack System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its here!
1576696830824.png

Has anyone found online sources for the tie-down eye nuts that come with the prinsu roof rack?

I'd like to match the galvanized steel oval shaped ones that currently ship with the racks now (December 2019). I'd rather not pay $10 for 2 eye nuts from CBI. I will most likely end up just getting some round SS ones, but figure I'd ask if others were in a similar situation. Yes I've been looking on other forums like tacomaworld

Lights and front. Now just need to figure out Awning

IMG_20191222_112333_01.jpg

IMG_20191220_103656.jpg

Has anyone found online sources for the tie-down eye nuts that come with the prinsu roof rack?

I'd like to match the galvanized steel oval shaped ones that currently ship with the racks now (December 2019). I'd rather not pay $10 for 2 eye nuts from CBI. I will most likely end up just getting some round SS ones, but figure I'd ask if others were in a similar situation. Yes I've been looking on other forums like tacomaworld
Wondering same

Did you try googling "galvanized eye nut" ?

Did you try googling "galvanized eye nut" ?

yes - so far the cheapest I've found is $1.17 per eye nut. I don't think the finish looks the same as the ones shipped with the Prinsu racks (based on the photo). Has anyone purchased from "e-rigging.com" before?

I see "Eye Nuts" that are galvanized just like that on amazon.

I got these stainless eye nuts from amazon, 10 pieces for about $10: Amazon.com: Antrader M6 304 Stainless Steel Ring Shape Lifting Eye Threaded Nut 10pcs: Home Improvement

The eye nuts are M6 thread, so I also ordered some M6 carriage bolts from mcmaster as well as M6 washers. Still waiting on the carriage bolts to arrive to verify that everything fits. I chose the 12mm length for the carriage bolts because that is what the Prinsu-supplied carriage bolts come in at. I'll be making a video review of the Prinsu rack soon!

1577660892978.png

Edit: don’t order those carriage bolts shown above, they don’t fit.

also FYI I believe the Prinsu-supplied eye nuts/carriage bolts are 1/4-20 thread.

Last edited:
Here is the ARB awning installed

IMG_20191230_123001.jpg

IMG_20191230_123009.jpg

check out what this guy did... this is ideal, I just don't know where he got spacers and that "L" bracket or he just made it:

View attachment 2158262
The awning I have came with similar L brackets.

I was just going ask Prospeed about their mounting brackets to get my awing on their rack.

This is better and cheaper... I like it.

Anything wrong with the Prinsu awning brackets? I don't have an awning yet, but I ordered the brackets with my rack while 15% off on Black Friday. I'm happy with the rack, so hoping I'll be happy with the awning brackets too.

Anything wrong with the Prinsu awning brackets? I don't have an awning yet, but I ordered the brackets with my rack while 15% off on Black Friday. I'm happy with the rack, so hoping I'll be happy with the awning brackets too.
Nothing wrong with them but they make the awning stick up pretty high

The Prinsu is the rack I'm really starting to lean toward. I've got a question/concern about the fairing though. It looks like it touches the Cruiser at the bottom. It seams like over time that would rub the paint away even with the rubber edging. Similar to what you see on the tailgate of a pickup where the lift gate of the canopy rests. Those of you that have this rack, can you let me know if I should be concerned about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom