Prinsu Design 100 Series Full Roof Rack System (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do, you'll need to make some modifications, the LC have 3 mounting points per side and LX has 2, so you'll need to remove the gutter guard piece to expose the 3rd mounting part near the front. I drilled a few holes in the gutter piece and kept it on there instead of removing it, a lot of work but aesthetically pleasing.
Great to know, thank you! I just missed a sale on them. They said Black Friday is the next one. Just found out I’ll have opportunity to pick up a Gamiviti without packaging and freight cost (save about $325) so need to make a decision soon.
BTW, beautiful rig!

those of you that have already installed your prinsu rack, do you need to install a 80/20 bar right above the sunroof or can you slide it back and forth so that you have full access to crawl out of the sunroof?

from the prinsu install video posted above, it looks like they have a crossbar right in the middle of the sunroof. I'm not sure if the holes on the side brackets are slotted for full adjustability, or if they have holes at specific distances.

TIA

Yep just leave it off. I’ve been meaning to post this as well. After flopping my 100, I got on top and stood on the crossbars. I weigh 220, did a one foot bounce in the middle. Seemed pretty solid to me. I was impressed. I didn’t want to do that prior to the wreck of course. But the Prinsu rack seems plenty strong to me.

752E282B-8A73-492C-AD51-A9FE927A9308.jpeg

Yep just leave it off. I’ve been meaning to post this as well. After flopping my 100, I got on top and stood on the crossbars. I weigh 220, did a one foot bounce in the middle. Seemed pretty solid to me. I was impressed. I didn’t want to do that prior to the wreck of course. But the Prinsu rack seems plenty strong to me.

View attachment 2147295
Did the rack bend when you flipped it? It looks like it held up pretty well.

The side rails were trashed. But they didn’t shear, they pulled the metal around the mounts. Crossbars didn’t deform at all.

The side rails were trashed. But they didn’t shear, they pulled the metal around the mounts. Crossbars didn’t deform at all.
Such a bummer, hope you get into a new one quick!

After getting bigger tires recently I'm now in the market for a lower profile rack so I can squeeze into my work garage. Currently have the full exp Baja 5" rack (for sale in the classifieds) I need to shave off 2-3 inches to fit in my work garage.

I've looked at this rack, bowfin and the gamiviti and I'm leaning towards this one for design and profile and easy (hopefully cheaper) shipping.

I've got a few questions for those who have this rack currently.

1- It looks like the mounting requires spacers to fit into the 100s mounting holes? do these wiggle or bend down?
2- This rack looks like it is using generic T-Slotted metal? like here:

Is that a correct statement? can these be purchased to fit this rack?
3- It looks like although the bar it self is strong most if not the entire load is on the actual bolts holding the bar horizontally? is this true? or is there some sort of lip fixed into the longitude bar bearing some of the weight so its not all on the bolts?

Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in knowing if this prinsu rack is taller than the oem roof rack. Has anyone taken measurements?

After getting bigger tires recently I'm now in the market for a lower profile rack so I can squeeze into my work garage. Currently have the full exp Baja 5" rack (for sale in the classifieds) I need to shave off 2-3 inches to fit in my work garage.

I've looked at this rack, bowfin and the gamiviti and I'm leaning towards this one for design and profile and easy (hopefully cheaper) shipping.

I've got a few questions for those who have this rack currently.

1- It looks like the mounting requires spacers to fit into the 100s mounting holes? do these wiggle or bend down?
2- This rack looks like it is using generic T-Slotted metal? like here:

Is that a correct statement? can these be purchased to fit this rack?
3- It looks like although the bar it self is strong most if not the entire load is on the actual bolts holding the bar horizontally? is this true? or is there some sort of lip fixed into the longitude bar bearing some of the weight so its not all on the bolts?

Thanks in advance.
1. there are spacers that come with it, I am not quite sure what you mean about wiggling or bending but if you mean being structurally sound, the answer is yes. It is not moving or bending at all.
2. I believe it can take standard t-slots, I know that Prinsu sells some also (may be more $$).
3. No lip, the bars screw into the side rails. I can say that I have used this rack for almost a year now with my RTT and gear and have gone wheeling (fairly serious stuff), fast desert roads (tons of washboards) and there were no signs of the rack being compromised or coming loose whatsoever.

I believe this is the lowest profile rack you can get for the 100's Dissent may be the same though.

I'm interested in knowing if this prinsu rack is taller than the oem roof rack. Has anyone taken measurements?
I believe it is lower than OEM, I can snag a measurement for you.

Thank you! Do you have any tips for installation? Did you use loctite for the cross bars (80/20) fasteners? I ordered one during their black friday sale and it's arriving tomorrow!!!

I believe it is lower than OEM, I can snag a measurement for you.

Thank you! Do you have any tips for installation? Did you use loctite for the cross bars (80/20) fasteners? I ordered one during their black friday sale and it's arriving tomorrow!!!
I actually don't because Prinsu used my rig as the prototype vehicle so they did everything! I do know there is a complete install video they did when they installed mine. There are some good tips in there. I would personally use loctite.

I measured it and it sits 4 1/8" from the roof to the top of the rail.

1. there are spacers that come with it, I am not quite sure what you mean about wiggling or bending but if you mean being structurally sound, the answer is yes. It is not moving or bending at all.
2. I believe it can take standard t-slots, I know that Prinsu sells some also (may be more $$).
3. No lip, the bars screw into the side rails. I can say that I have used this rack for almost a year now with my RTT and gear and have gone wheeling (fairly serious stuff), fast desert roads (tons of washboards) and there were no signs of the rack being compromised or coming loose whatsoever.

I believe this is the lowest profile rack you can get for the 100's Dissent may be the same though.

Thank you, that is very helpful.

Does anyone have one of these with an ARB awning attached? I'd like to see how far above/below and away from the rack the awning sits with the prinsu brackets.

Thanks for everyone's input, my rack is supposed to come in tomorrow, I have a question around the awning mount. I do not like how the prinsu mount makes the awning stick up so high. Have any of you used any alternatives for your awning? I noted on the tacomas some use the ARB mounts and bend them and some have used the rhino mounts. What might work for the 100 aside from the prinsu brackets? I'd like to stay at height of the rack or if need to slightly higher. The prinsu brackets stick the entire awning above the rack! takes away from "low profile"

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's input, my rack is supposed to come in tomorrow, I have a question around the awning mount. I do not like how the prinsu mount makes the awning stick up so high. Have any of you used any alternatives for your awning? I noted on the tacomas some use the ARB mounts and bend them and some have used the rhino mounts. What might work for the 100 aside from the prinsu brackets? I'd like to stay at height of the rack or if need to slightly higher. The prinsu brackets stick the entire awning above the rack! takes away from "low profile"

I was thinking about this as well. I want something that would be lower than my current Gobi setup. This was my solution, but I haven't tried it. I was thinking it would be possible to drill the lower bolt hole into the side of the Prinsu rack and then use a 80/20 4136 bracket for the upper hole on the awning. The lower bolt location would be dependent on where the bracket would place it on the Prinsu roof rack side plates. I have a Shadow Awn. My plan was to do this across at least 3 crossbars and maybe 4.

Or

Last edited:
I was thinking about this as well. I want something that would be lower than my current Gobi setup. This was my solution, but I haven't tried it. I was thinking it would be possible to drill the lower bolt hole into the side of the Prinsu rack and then use a 80/20 4136 bracket for the upper hole on the awning. The lower bolt location would be dependent on where the bracket would place it on the Prinsu roof rack side plates. I have a Shadow Awn. My plan was to do this across at least 3 crossbars and maybe 4.

Or

check out what this guy did... this is ideal, I just don't know where he got spacers and that "L" bracket or he just made it:

1576533708054.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom