Builds Prime builds a 200 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After a bit of a nap it's time to get this thing ready for camping season again...

Redid the sleeping platform insert to allow for use of the 40% rear seat section (car seat). My helper quickly booted me to the back so he could drive... (ignore the dirty seat back)

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg

On your rear bumper chop prior to the swing out and tubing did it rattle or move much at highway speeds?

On your rear bumper chop prior to the swing out and tubing did it rattle or move much at highway speeds?

Yeah it flapped in the wind before adding the tube bumper section. Didn’t bother me much… Had one person flag me down in traffic to tell me my bumper was going to fall off LOL

I saw them post those closeout deals on their IG account, there were some really good prices on those items. Congrats!

Long overdue update (again)...

We started planning a month long trip in the LX late last year (more on that in a later post), and I knew a few upgrades were in order before embarking.

Started with adding solar. This is just a simple Amazon 100w flexible panel on top of the RTT with a Renogy controller. Also added the bluetooth module which makes remote monitoring super easy.

IMG_9083.jpeg

IMG_8997.jpeg

IMG_9020.jpeg

Added a 1500w inverter to the house battery setup just in case we need some 110v power.

IMG_9175.jpeg

Also redid the table top for the drawer. This still needs some tweaking but makes for a nice standing height table/prep surface. I'd like to hinge this in next iteration.

IMG_9191.jpeg

Stargazing was a top priority on this upcoming trip so wanted to get some red lights on board to keep night vision. Replaced the old cheap hatch lights with these much nicer dual color units from National Luna.

IMG_9022.jpeg

IMG_9023.jpeg

Also found these cool flexible RV lights which are also dual color and dimmable.

IMG_9021.jpeg

The result, a lot of red light!
IMG_9086.jpeg

Onto a trip recap and photos of our longest, furthest and most fun trip to date in the 200. With very little heads up we had a chance to spend the whole month of January on the road and jumped on the opportunity.

My wife, our 2 year old, and I left from north Georgia right before New Years and spent 29 days traveling. We did a total of 6,000+ miles and hit 6 national parks. Per usual, the 200 performed flawlessly and outside of the fuel economy, I have 0 complaints.

Big Bend:

IMG_9442.jpeg

IMG_9467.jpeg

IMG_9476.jpeg

IMG_9629.jpeg

IMG_1489.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey man, i like dem wheels.
Cant seem to find any motegi in 5x150 on their site filter. You got a link or more info? First time seeing those.

More Big Bend. This was my favorite park of the trip by far and I wish we spent more time there. Good excuse to go back though!

Old border crossing

IMG_9487.jpeg

IMG_9531.jpeg

IMG_9611.jpeg

IMG_9674.jpeg

Sent it a little too hard on River Rd and broke a weld on the tire carrier. Thankfully we brought tools and lots of zip ties...

IMG_9689.jpeg

Marfa, TX. Weird place, maybe where all the hipsters went to retire. Attempted to see the "Marfa lights" (look it up) but struck out.

IMG_9726.jpeg

IMG_9705.jpeg

IMG_9709.jpeg

IMG_9710.jpeg

Hit Guadalupe Mountains NP the next day but it was pretty cold and windy + a sleepy toddler meant we didn't stay long. This is the only picture I took. Just when I was starting to think the 200 was cool...

IMG_9737.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom