Presidents' Day long weekend adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

58122ADA-D295-4A1D-B751-5C294968B593.jpeg

Taste testing tamales, these were not bad but the green corn was not sweet. On to the next batch.

Red for carnivores
Green for vegetarians and people who know

IMG_2632.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG

tireless thankless job but someone has to do it.

Taste testing tamales, these were not bad but the green corn was not sweet. On to the next batch.

Red for carnivores
Green for vegetarians and people who know

View attachment 1623609 View attachment 1623610

tireless thankless job but someone has to do it.

Have you tried the Tamale Store? They're amazing.

Also, I have a nice steaming rack that will work on a Skottle, and also another that works in a pan, so we shouldn't have too much trouble cooking them on the trail.

These were from Carolinas. Tamale store and Manuels are next. Our gardener, Jose' , brings us the best homemade tamales every Christmas morning for the last 19 years they are really amazing.

I'm thinking of bringing 3 dozen for our trip, Mexican night should probably be on Saturday night.

Questions:
1: What day is pulled pork and baked beans?
2: Would it be beneficial to bring the CSC grill?

How about Friday night for Pork and beans.

Saturday for Mexican night

Sunday is open for ideas or we can all do our own thing.

The grill may be helpful in preparing food each night if someone wants to pack it.

Any other thoughts? I think a sign up list is in order to track what people will bring. We may still have plastic ware and plates but I'm not sure.

The grill may be helpful in preparing food each night if someone wants to pack it.

Any other thoughts? I think a sign up list is in order to track what people will bring. We may still have plastic ware and plates but I'm not sure.

CSC plastic cutlery we do have, no plates though.

Maybe good ol' burgers n' dogs one night if enough people want to contribute? Simple enough. Or a nice Dutch oven chili cookoff.... I seem to recall @rctoyota was good making that!?

CSC plastic cutlery we do have, no plates though.

Maybe good ol' burgers n' dogs one night if enough people want to contribute? Simple enough. Or a nice Dutch oven chili cookoff.... I seem to recall @rctoyota was good making that!?

I can bring plate and Chips (Fritos/Doritos, Potato and such)

I can bring three dozen fresh flour tortillas, and another three dozen soft corn tortillas.

I can get any flavor (or a variety) of these hotdogs at Sam's Club (give me yer vote!)
0088831300014_A
0088831391720_A
0007495618200_A
0005450019324_A

I can bring three dozen fresh flour tortillas, and another three dozen soft corn tortillas.

I can get any flavor (or a variety) of these hotdogs at Sam's Club (give me yer vote!)
0088831300014_A
0088831391720_A
0007495618200_A
0005450019324_A

I vote for the Hebrew national 1/4 pounders. They are amazing.

Please let me know what I can bring...my brother and I can survive on Cheetos and beef jerky so we're gonna need a little guidance :rofl:

Hebrew Nationals!

I can bring paper plates and utensils if that's what's needed. Waiting for the sign-up sheet...

Potluck, I'm bringing 3 dozen Tamales, mostly green corn and this should work for any non meat eaters. Below if listed the names and nights for the various potluck organizers. I ask that people pitch in and bring sides like chips, buns, condiments, dips etc. Should anyone have any dietary needs make sure and bring your food, potluck is optional but it has been a fun part of trips since initiated by, Abigail, Dimples and Wtmtnterror.

Please post up what you are bringing so our potluck leaders can plan accordingly.

Daily breakfast and lunch we are on our own to plan.

Dinners and leaders

Friday night: Wtmtnterror and Dimples. Pork sammiches and beans

Saturday night: Abigail and Saddletramp. Mexican, tamales and tacos

Sunday night: Stepmurr and Verruckt1. Burgers and dogs

I'm still waiting on our paperwork from the NPS, they've been in regular contact, and I've listed our proposed camp sites for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday, assuming we all are ready for an early start, I'm suggesting we meet at noon at the Maverick gas station in Bullhead city (2612 Desert Foothills Blvd) to fill up and begin our journey. Gas is cheap here and the reports are clean restrooms as well. Depart the gas station at 12:30 and head to our starting point at the Colorado river on the Nevada side.

If people leaving from the valley would like to convoy to our meet up spot please post up. I'm leaving my house at 7:25 and may meet @Otter, @brices123, @Abigail at our usual 101 and Cactus location.

Proposed camping site for Friday is here:
IMG_1088.PNG

This is an aggressive plan and long first day but will allow us to explore more sites on Saturday and Sunday. If we do not get to this proposed campsite we will look for another suitable site prior to sundown.

Day two camp site I've listed as here:
IMG_1071.PNG

Day three: Willow Wash cliff site, I haven't designated gps coordinates as yet but will do so soon.

I've listed these sites on our application for our permit, but the NPS recognizes that sites could be occupied or plans change due to unforeseen circumstances.

http://southern-trails.org/Mojave Road Trip Guide.pdf

I recommend looking at the attached document for examples of side trips and mileage. Plan for both warm and cold weather, looks like a possible system rolling thru next Saturday. Gas should not be an issue, most truck can go more than 200 miles on dirt but if you have concerns please bring a gas can with gas in it.

Ham Radio: we will be on 146.460, most of the attendees are licensed operators. I'm bringing two extra handheld radios and suggest that people not licensed use radios to monitor the various chatter that will occur.

I've added the most current list of attendees and approximate number of people in my first post.

Really looking forward to the trip with all of you. See you at the meet up point at noon Friday.

Last edited: