Prado 120 Gauge Cluster Swap Into GX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was in Russian originally but I got it translated well enough to understand. Hopefully this helps and it has the directions for changing to units from metric to freedom. If it weren't for the center speaker clearance issue (and having to cut the dash) I would have bought this already

Attachments

• Prado Multifunction Display Manual.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 422
Nice @captainva ! I actually can read/write Russian, but I'm not fluent (nor close to it anymore). Can you send me the original as well?

Ты знаешь русский язык? Откуда ты знаешь русский язык? Я учился в старшей школе 3 года, а в университете 1 год.

Last edited:
I found it here

Just subbing to this if we can get it to convert to US then I would totally cut my dash for this sweet little screen. Thanks for taking the plunge. Also I saw over on FB your arm rest mod. Epic!

Man. Been jamming through the instructions and I just cant get any of the units to change. Doing it exactly as it says. Strange. Maybe I locked myself out somehow...? lol

And also, it doesnt actually indicate how to change the temperature units... 😢

fun times!

Would love to see progress on this continue!

Sub’d. I think this might be my next project.

Sub’d. I think this might be my next project.

I've got a complete setup for sale right now... field monitor unit, front dash bezel/trim, and the top dash cover (in black). LMK if interested.

Last edited:
I've got a complete setup for sale right now... field monitor unit, front dash bezel/trim, and the top dash cover (in black). LMK if interested.

sent you a PM

not worth keeping?

I love mine, no regrets!
I love mine, no regrets!
Center speaker mod. Technically you can still use the factory spk by drilling holes close to the edge. But, there is a problem. Due to magnetic field by speaker magnet, cluster compass would not work.

I ordered a 2.5” shielded 8ohm speaker from Amazon. Hope it’ll prevent magnetism.

0C4836F3-356F-43C0-8C9F-E8CBEE634A9C.jpeg

2DA77F0D-20E7-44A2-B751-0E2567A5F9E5.jpeg

6D7A1EED-261E-44CD-B628-56839930A38C.jpeg

2519A468-5655-4C90-847D-81E47F6A889A.jpeg

The magnetic shielded 2.5” speaker setup works perfectly and does not interfere with cluster gauge compass. Surprisingly it’s an 8ohm speaker and fits into old speaker bracket. There was some careful cutting and soldering… not prettiest job but functional. I could have easily made the bracket out of ABS plastic but I decided metal is better for hot dash area.

C55073EB-5606-4D1B-B86A-D43BBC3A0462.jpeg

7CEB3490-FFEE-4BB1-8983-A0A6D4A8DEE2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom