power window problem (2 Viewers)

Hello everyone. I just finished replacing my drivers side door, and upon completion discovered that I now have no power to the switch, and can't operate my any of windows. The switches on the other doors won't work either. The weird thing is, is that I can't find a fuse to the power windows anywhere. My first thing I though was that I blew a fuse, or tripped a breaker somewhere. So far, I can't find anything to explain the lack of power. Probably something simple, but with winter coming, I need to get this fixed. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Copenhagen1

1000+ Club
Obvious question is "Have you checked the window lock switch/button to make sure it's not locked?"

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Copenhagen1

1000+ Club
Past that, pull the plug off the back of the master switch and check for power. I used a test light and turned the key on and probed each pin. If your test light illuminates on any pin, then it is not a fuse problem.

Next remove door panel and find the two prong plug coming off the motor. Unplug that and use jumper wires ( a + and a -) to send 12v directly to the motor. Reversing the +/- is what determines if the motor goes up or goes down.

If you can get the window up by feeding 12v directly to it, then leave the window up and window motor unplugged until you figure out what the actual problem is 'upstream' of that.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I just had the DS door switches and buttons out today. None of the other power windows will work with that DS switch out (or not functioning). IOW, your DS door wiring likely has to be functional in order for the other windows to function.

Last edited:

Aggiesdm

***** Regular
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a window relay under the driver side kick panel. May be worth checking it out.

The window, door, power seats and sunroof fuse is the pink 30amp square fuse with clear cap at the fuse block next to your left knee, bottom right corner. I just had to replace mine last week.

So, I pulled off my center dash yesterday to re-label my CDL switch after doing the pin 7 mod (I used a old hazard switch). It has been fine, but now all my power windows do not work from any switch. I tested the fuse (#23 in the fuse panel) and my power seats still work. Could this be the relay? Or did I do something behind the dash? Any ideas?

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
So, I pulled off my center dash yesterday to re-label my CDL switch after doing the pin 7 mod (I used a old hazard switch). It has been fine, but now all my power windows do not work from any switch. I tested the fuse (#23 in the fuse panel) and my power seats still work. Could this be the relay? Or did I do something behind the dash? Any ideas?

Does the sky light work

ProjectsNMotion

SILVER Star

Is the window lock button pressed?

I did the 7 pin mod over a year ago, but just got around to printing and re-labeling the switch yesterday. Thanks to the Mud thread, it turned out great...except now the window issue.

image.jpg

Craziest thing...I just started messing with buttons. Pressing the window lock/unlock button (which I had already done like 10 times), then I hit the door lock/unlock button and all of a sudden the auto light on the window switch turned on and now the windows work? Go figure.

Falls in a well eyes go crossed, gets kicked in the head by a mule, they go uncrossed 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom