Possible Group Buy - Flat Steel FJ40 Rear Fender Protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tips of mine just about line up with the body seam. In the 3rd pic of Gareth's truck I tweaked the picture just a little at that spot. I think my rendering has his axle a little less rearward than mine is.

If all you guys are in, we can do them for $225 and I'll commit to deal with shipping. Gareth didn't ever really say he was in, so we may still need one more. PMs on the way.

1. ??
2. laveycrafter
3. Bull08
4. freewheeling frank

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry...the 100 Series just went down for new rear calipers...so my 40-fund just went back to zero...maybe a 4th will join in a way that times out for me to get back in. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

1 D/S rear slider is frozen...caliper is dragging. I watched all the YouTube videos and searched Mud for hours...spent a couple hours with the truck's leg lifted and wheel off...no matter what I tried, the back-most slider wouldn't budge. P/S is fine, but I figured I'd replace the pair and be done.

Sorry to revive an old thread. Are these available now or was this a one time deal? I have those craptastic plastic flares from the PO as well.

You're telling me. It only lasted one side, and wasn't that fun towards the end.

Pics of my rig from Rubithon:

attachment.php

attachment.php
That is a really creative style you have on your rig. Did you custom fab the roll bar basket yourself or have someone do it? I have never seen that before.

We can start a new group. The price went up for the last group so less than four is not going to be a price anyone is going to pay. A group of four is going to be $235 plus shipping.

That rack started life as a harbor freight hitch rack. I made it a little wider to match the width of the roll bar and attached quick fist clamps to hold it on. Works great. Cost about $125 including rack (on sale), the clamps, hardware and the cargo net.

Last edited:
Just finally got to my install. First I removed the fuel door, putting a cell in. Then a quick fit for now. See how I curved it around the rocker? I'll take more pics as we move to the next side.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423274957.198446.jpg

Thanks again Ed. Gonna look good!

Since I haven't heard from @Bull08, I'd be willing to sell you his set and refund his money. I'll send you a PM. If he speaks up, he's obviously got first dibs though.

Edit: Bull08 completed the purchase. :)

Last edited:
I've had these mounted for a while but now got everything else buttoned up. Finally. Very happy with how they turned out. I used button head bolts instead of countersinking. Thanks Eddy!

wheelwell.jpg

Yeah, neighbor's tiny dogs want to claim my 40 as their own. Can't blame them. No problems on the other side. If you look close you can see that mine are set back ~1.5"-2" from the body seam. I flipped the springs when I upgraded to an H41 transmission. Still considering FJ60 springs.

It's nice to see a set all done and painted. Mine are rusting through the primer. :(

Did you think of painting the button-head bolts? I'm not sure if I want mine painted or left as an accent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom