Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to Snohomish County....north of Seattle....so you're far enough away from the CA transplants that live in Seattle.

I guess the proper term is "TRUE SOUTH"

Tennessee is good, upstate South Carolina is good. I sold all my property in Asheville and exchanged it for a cabin on a cool off road trail in Haywood county North Carolina. I could not recommend Asheville, but the triad area is still nice, just no mountains. North Georgia is good. Just depends on what you want to do. I like less people and a country feel. Small historic downtowns, down home type places. I don’t like meth junkies, high crime, or traffic. There are plenty of good places in the south east.
I grew up in California. I am very partial to Northern California but I could never move back. It’s not the same.

Tennessee is good, upstate South Carolina is good. I sold all my property in Asheville and exchanged it for a cabin on a cool off road trail in Haywood county North Carolina. I could not recommend Asheville, but the triad area is still nice, just no mountains. North Georgia is good. Just depends on what you want to do. I like less people and a country feel. Small historic downtowns, down home type places. I don’t like meth junkies, high crime, or traffic. There are plenty of good places in the south east.
I grew up in California. I am very partial to Northern California but I could never move back. It’s not the same.

Tennessee is out first stop.

It’s a big state. The west side is completely different from the east side. Pro business, lots of activities available across the state. Taxes are good(no state income tax).
From the places that I know that you have lived I would imagine you would fit in well and enjoy theGreater Knoxville Area

It’s a big state. The west side is completely different from the east side. Pro business, lots of activities available across the state. Taxes are good(no state income tax).
From the places that I know that you have lived I would imagine you would fit in well and enjoy theGreater Knoxville Area

4 years ago I was hot for the Knoxville area and recently went back for a wedding of a girl I grew up with. But I spent a ton of time in the Olive Branch, MS to Jackson, TN area and really like it.

J

Completely different vibe in that area. Far enough from the population centers to be laid back.

I think you belong in the South. I miss Texas but I know I’m in the right place... for now.

Jambo is a good reason to visit!

I am with you, we settled in Chesnee, northern tip of Spartanburg County. We still have property up on the mountain in Edneyville, Henderson County, NC. Asheville is nice to visit, so is Greeneville and Charlotte. All within an hour. They even deliver steel out here :)

Normally I would recommend giving Northern NV a try again but with everything that has happened recently in Commifornia those people are getting out and just going over the state line to us. Reno area has boomed but with the same dirt that was present and is leaving CA for the reasons you mentioned. Check out the issues with our new governor forcing through SB143 here in state and the other statutes that he is raming down good people throats. He is a Vegasite, which many are just CA transplants and thus their bad politics and issues that they left CA for just follow them (because they are the ones implementing and voting for them).

The south is full of good people but if you're like me, raised in the west, the humidity is hard to get used to
after a life of dryer weather.. You might spend a summer first. California has some amazing country but you're right,
the politicians have messed up it's great potential.

4 years ago I was hot for the Knoxville area and recently went back for a wedding of a girl I grew up with. But I spent a ton of time in the Olive Branch, MS to Jackson, TN area and really like it.

J

Olive branch area is probably the best area in the 100 mile radius of the Memphis area. I reside a few miles south of olive branch in the MS Delta. Lots of good cruiser folks around these parts.

The south is full of good people but if you're like me, raised in the west, the humidity is hard to get used to
after a life of dryer weather.. You might spend a summer first. California has some amazing country but you're right,
the politicians have messed up it's great potential.

Humidity is not an issue. I spent 35 years in the south. One of the things I actually miss.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom