Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason,

I just saw this. I'm so sorry for you and Andrea's loss. Thoughts and prayers go to both of you. Let us know if you need anything. Safe travels.

Mike

Sorry about the news. Thoughts are with you A and J.

Ordered a hood insulator from the local Toyota house. I looked at buying it online and they wanted 120.00 for shipping. Local dealer brought it in for same as the online price without shipping.

J

IMG_20181203_151054039.jpg

Well after 18 months we finally sold the house in WY. So we are officially homeless. WOOHOO! Seems the thing to be in Redding, CA.

We haven't enjoyed CA at all. Everything we came here for the fires last summer destroyed and we are reminded every single day what true scum walks the earth here.

Funny; CA wouldn't issue us driver's licenses since we had a permanent residence in WY and only rented here and had vehicles registered to another address in WY as well. But man do they want their taxes (even if you don't owe them any, they will not answer a question or they make up some reason they can't answer the tax attorneys questions at that time and hope the due date lapses so they can charge you interest on money you don't owe. Once you give it to them... they won't give it back) Not to mention the police dept is one of the laziest and most corrupt entities I've ever seen (AND I WORKED IN OIL AND GAS FOR OVER 25 YEARS!) So ****'EM we're outta here as soon as we can figure out the next phase in our retirement.

We are starting to plan trips to see where we want to go next. Could be 200 miles or 1500 miles, just depends on what hits us as home.

J

Well after 18 months we finally sold the house in WY. So we are officially homeless. WOOHOO! Seems the thing to be in Redding, CA.

We haven't enjoyed CA at all. Everything we came here for the fires last summer destroyed and we are reminded every single day what true scum walks the earth here.

Funny; CA wouldn't issue us driver's licenses since we had a permanent residence in WY and only rented here and had vehicles registered to another address in WY as well. But man do they want their taxes (even if you don't owe them any, they will not answer a question or they make up some reason they can't answer the tax attorneys questions at that time and hope the due date lapses so they can charge you interest on money you don't owe. Once you give it to them... they won't give it back) Not to mention the police dept is one of the laziest and most corrupt entities I've ever seen (AND I WORKED IN OIL AND GAS FOR OVER 25 YEARS!) So f***'EM we're outta here as soon as we can figure out the next phase in our retirement.

We are starting to plan trips to see where we want to go next. Could be 200 miles or 1500 miles, just depends on what hits us as home.

J
Come home to Texas J. Everyone I know from Kalifornia wants out. I was stationed there 14 years ago when the Governator was just elected. I couldn't wait to leave then, so I can only imagine how it is now.

Funny; CA wouldn't issue us driver's licenses since we had a permanent residence in WY and only rented here and had vehicles registered to another address in WY as well. But man do they want their taxes (even if you don't owe them any, they will not answer a question or they make up some reason they can't answer the tax attorneys questions at that time and hope the due date lapses so they can charge you interest on money you don't owe. Once you give it to them... they won't give it back) Not to mention the police dept is one of the laziest and most corrupt entities I've ever seen (AND I WORKED IN OIL AND GAS FOR OVER 25 YEARS!) So f***'EM we're outta here as soon as we can figure out the next phase in our retirement.

J
You are welcome to visit us in tucson to see if it fits the bill

Come home to Texas J. Everyone I know from Kalifornia wants out. I was stationed there 14 years ago when the Governator was just elected. I couldn't wait to leave then, so I can only imagine how it is now.

Sorry to hear that... it’s a great place, California, just run by terrible people. Glws!

Sacramento has managed to make Kali a less than desirable place in many aspects. Unfortunate your experience has been worse than most.

"Well after 18 months we finally sold the house in WY. So we are officially homeless. WOOHOO! Seems the thing to be in Redding, CA. " Homeless = no taxes although I'm sure they are working on how too! Cant wait to see the next chapter! High hopes for you and Andrea! Appreciate all Trail Tailor does!

come to canada!! if you want to handle the cold (you're from wyoming so i assume you "can") saskatchewan is nice and quiet and no one will bug you. and our cruisers here need your stuff too!! where ever you go i wish you well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom