Plug windshield washer pump 1991 FJ80 - mission to clean windows the way toyota intended (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy just the plug for the washer pump 85330-50020/? I have a 1991 in NA, Gas. Replacing nozzles and pumps to hopefully get some way to clean my window after like 5 years of throwing water on it while driving. For some reason, one of my pumps is different and wired into the pump with a connector mid line about 8 inches away. I probably also need to figure out the wire type.
Additionally, looking at the diagrams, its looks like the front washer pump is not supposed to have a filter (mine does not though it may be added after- mine currently is a 860310-2110 by ASMO)

This is what I'm ordering:
1699763253967.png

Can you post up a couple of photos of what you're looking at?

By plug do you mean the harness side connector that plugs into the top of the pump?

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy just the plug for the washer pump 85330-50020/? I have a 1991 in NA, Gas. Replacing nozzles and pumps to hopefully get some way to clean my window after like 5 years of throwing water on it while driving. For some reason, one of my pumps is different and wired into the pump with a connector mid line about 8 inches away. I probably also need to figure out the wire type.
Additionally, looking at the diagrams, its looks like the front washer pump is not supposed to have a filter (mine does not though it may be added after- mine currently is a 860310-2110 by ASMO)

This is what I'm ordering:
View attachment 3479143

By plug do you mean the harness side connector that plugs into the top of the pump?

perhaps you simply need this here ?

-
85340-60040 was Disc. / NLA long ago ....

- but made in JAPAN OEM parts solution does exist ...

or

- end any future pain and suffering on the system in general ,

- 100% OEM made in JAPAN spec. parts is the only way to roll here ....:D

1699774790467.png

1699774340056.png

1699774389257.png

or

1699774515076.png

1699774562081.png

IMG_8216.jpeg

This is the front pump above

IMG_8219.jpeg

Front pump connector (I know I should have taken more photos while out)

IMG_8220.jpeg

Bad photo of the rear pump but seems to be correct for the pump most people use in most 80s including the fj and fzj (the plug on the harness side is what I would like to find and buy)

IMG_8222.jpeg

My washer reservoir is in good shape but damn that additional reservoir in the fender sucks to work on.

perhaps you simply need this here ?

-
85340-60040 was Disc. / NLA long ago ....

- but made in JAPAN OEM parts solution does exist ...

or

- end any future pain and suffering on the system in general ,

- 100% OEM made in JAPAN spec. parts is the only way to roll here ....:D

View attachment 3479204

View attachment 3479199

View attachment 3479200

or

View attachment 3479201

View attachment 3479202

Hey! That looks right. Does this one also have the “bladder” in the fender bs? Posted some bad photos above

There should be a part number, very small, printed on the connector itself, usually located on the backside (side that the wires go into). The only way to see them is to clean off the connector (use Electronics cleaner, never Carb cleaner or Acetone on rubber/plastic parts) then take close up photos to look for the number.

There should be a part number, very small, printed on the connector itself, usually located on the backside (side that the wires go into). The only way to see them is to clean off the connector (use Electronics cleaner, never Carb cleaner or Acetone on rubber/plastic parts) then take close up photos to look for the number.
Hopefully I wont have to do the connector route. I just ordered the Snow Version set mentioned above. This one actually looks correct too. Hoping it deletes the bladder part but couldn't tell. So many photos and none of the back. Appreciate the help! Will update when in since I have not seen any posts with this solution.

Hopefully I wont have to do the connector route. I just ordered the Snow Version set mentioned above. This one actually looks correct too. Hoping it deletes the bladder part but couldn't tell. So many photos and none of the back. Appreciate the help! Will update when in since I have not seen any posts with this solution.

the USA spec. often defective and worn out dated bladder bag is NLA / disc. \

FJ80 3FE washer bottle , does NOT utilize a bladder ,

- however ........

- for those that DARE to cheat fate ?

- the BOSS for you to use a HOLE saw , and retrofit some oldd-azz 30+ year old parts that no longer exist , can be done , but that is YOU choice and NOT recommended in any way here ,,,,fyi

- oh ? maybe i forgot to mention , this NEW updated JAPAN spec. washer bottle , SNOW VERSION , is a unique oversized fluid capacity , oversized ....

- it fits usa spec. FJ80 3FE perfectly , so the larger overall washer fluid holding ability in
Liters , more then makes up for a bladder bag ...
- BOTH OEM washer pumps are nothing sold here in north america , rather non-usa cold-spec. HDJ81 12V pumps , super high pressure / super high volume .....

- as far as ID a connector on a 1991-1993 FJ80 ? TOYOTA did not introduce the numbering system fully in these years , also TOYOTA connector housings come bare , just a plastic shell , NO seals or NO terminals ........fyi

- a photo of the back , ? excellent feedback , it WILL be done .......thanks :D

- THIS IS THE WAY ....

85340-60040 5.jpg0 - Copy.jpg

1699831714520.jpeg

Last edited:

- i have personally test fit the entire FJ80 3F-E SNOW VERSION system you just scooped up from my family run store , i had ZERO fitment issues of any kind , and there are ZERO mods ......

- one detail i did miss in all my pics , in addition to the back side , is the fact you also get / is included the FEMALE HARNESS side Connector PLUG & extra terminals too , to refresh it is KEY here , for the rear washer pump assy / one with pigtail ASMO part # 860310-2110 toyota part # 85340-60040
- i have had no negative feedback in any way , on the dozen or so full kits i have mailed out since day 1 , maybe another member can post there's install pics here , and provide any related feedback they like on this topic .....

- in the meantime , please review the TECH. REEL short below , make darn sure to click and turn on the speaker icon , and turn your device sound volume to the highest level .....for best results 🔊

thanks
matt

asmo 2.jpg

Last edited:
- i have personally test fit the entire FJ80 3F-E SNOW VERSION system you just scooped up from my family run store , i had ZERO fitment issues of any kind , and there are ZERO mods ......

- one detail i did miss in all my pics , in addition to the back side , is the fact you also get / is included the FEMALE HARNESS side Connector PLUG & extra terminals too , to refresh it is KEY here , for the rear washer pump assy / one with pigtail ASMO part # 860310-2110 toyota part # 85340-60040
- i have had no negative feedback in any way , on the dozen or so full kits i have mailed out since day 1 , maybe another member can post there's install pics here , and provide any related feedback they like on this topic .....

- in the meantime , please review the TECH. REEL short below , make darn sure to click and turn on the speaker icon , and turn your device sound volume to the highest level .....for best results 🔊

thanks
matt

View attachment 3479829

hahah, I have to agree that volume on was key here. I will really try to take photos during install. Appreciate the info and totally did not notice you were the owner in the earlier replies but greatly appreciate the solution. Looks awesome and the site is nice.

hahah, I have to agree that volume on was key here. I will really try to take photos during install. Appreciate the info and totally did not notice you were the owner in the earlier replies but greatly appreciate the solution. Looks awesome and the site is nice.

owner of what ?

a
3F-E ........ :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom