Piston Sources (Thread Title Previously: Falcon Performance Domed Pistons) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rebuilder is in the process of sourcing parts for the rebuild... In the meantime, @allan man sent me an eBay link for a "Falcon Performance Forklift 2F Engine Rebuild Kit". It's the correct engine and year and I have asked the seller to confirm that the .020 pistons are "domed".

I have searched until my index (typing) fingers are bloody and have only found one thread that discussed a Falcon Performance 2H Rebuild Kit... And that thread didn't have any real concensus as to whether Falcon Performance is a good source for 2H parts.

So, I've found nothing specific to 2F parts.

Can any of you shed light on whether or not Falcon Performance is a good or bad company with which to deal?

Does THIS look like a quality rebuild kit?

Thanks!

Nobody knows nothing about Falcon Performance Domed Pistons for 75-80 2F Engines?!? :bang:

I'm shocked... There are a lot of good reviews on the web, but none related to 2F engines. :hmm:

@FJ40Jim - @Poser - are you there? Any insight?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Jim C. (fj40jim) would be the one to ask, if you can get a hold of him - he's been pretty busy lately.

Steve (Poser) might know as well.

I hope you get some feedback on this...this is a very interesting looking kit, if it is for the domed model 2F's, I may be interested in getting it also! Thanks for researching thus far about it, Danny! :cheers:

Skip

Rest assured... I'll share what I learn Skip.

There's another listing that specifically states "FLAT TOP PISTONS std/020/030/040/060". It's part # KIT-2F, same as the one posted above.

Here...

Did you see these?

Landcruiser 2F dome Pistons with Rings STD size

Yeah, I saw the flat tops - that concerned me - the link I include also says 75-87 - that's a concern as well... Should be 75-80 for domed. I emailed them, I'm gonna speak with my rebuilder later today... He should know whether he can get them by then and, if I need to, I'll call them.

I sal the NorthernAutoParts and emailed them as well... I'll call them, if I need to.

Thanks Alex!

Rock Auto Has them FYI... Showing $17.41 Each. And the part desc does specify "domed" Sealed power is one of the manufacturers. Theres actually more than one supplier listed.

Rock Auto Has them FYI... Showing $17.41 Each. And the part desc does specify "domed" Sealed power is one of the manufacturers. Theres actually more than one supplier listed.

Thanks - I'll take a look - I need .020 over - I've found a couple of potential sources - just waiting to confirm that they are .020 and domed.

I've confirmed the Falcons are mislabeled - they are flat top.

I just saw that Johnny... It's curious ... RockAuto sells ITM .020 over in lots of 4 Pistons... Guess I'll have to downsize to a I4 or figure out a way to upsize to an I8 :rolleyes:

Martin Davidson Automotive in Reseda, CA was the shop that used to build MAFs engines, when MAF sold engines. Martin and crew are very nice people; maybe if your rebuilder wants to give him a call...

http://www.martindavidsonsautomotivemachine.com/

Good news! I spoke with my rebuilder and he's found everything we need for the rebuild. He ordered it all from his regular supplier. The Pistons are ITM RY6215-020 (RY6215 are dome-topped 75-80 and -020 means .020" over). They will be delivered later today.

=================================================================

As promised, the
following is what I have learned, while looking for .020-over Domed Pistons for 44:
As I said earlier, the Falcon Performance Pistons that started this thread are mislabeled... I spoke with Falcon Performance... These Pistons are flat top.

Alex (@southBoston40) found this link - But, they are also flat tops, like those that started this thread - the price is cheaper because there are less components in this kit.

Note: the following are all ITM Pistons Part# RY6215 (std) and -020 (20-over) thru -040 (i.e. RY6215-040 for 40-over).

These sellers say they have dome tops (std, .020 thru .040). But, they sell them in lots of 4 :rolleyes: why? So they can sell eight?

RockAuto's webpage - About $32 each, in lots of 4 Pistons.

StockWiseAuto's webpage -
About $124 for 4... In lots of 4 Pistons.

eBay seller Aladdinautoparts - about $131 for 4... In lots of 4 Pistons.

The following sellers have dome-topped Pistons In lots of 6.

eBay seller modernengine - about $112 for 6... In lots of 6 Pistons... Says there are eight lots available.

eBay seller
northernautoparts aka northernautoparts.com - about $220 for 6 STANDARD SIZE.. In lots of 6 Pistons. I spoke to Northern Auto Parts and they confirmed that they also have .020-over for $219.54. I like their webpage... Regular Price about $91 and sale price about $220... Curious!

Also, FJ40Jim has a custom supplier for dome-topped Pistons, in .060"-over.

So, there are ITM dome-topped Pistons available, in various sizes, but you either have to buy 2 lots of 4 or find a seller who sells in lots of 6...
Modernengine and NorthernAutoParts both have stock right now... Don't know how long it will last.

Sorry, I forgot to ask the name of my rebuilder's supplier... I'll try to remember to ask when I sp
eak with him again.

BTW I don't know of any Master Engine Kit for dome tops... My rebuilder found all the parts.

If you can get six for $112, who cares about the guys who sell four for more than that?

If everyone sold only sets of four, you just need four guys in a group buy to work it out. I suppose 2f rebuilds are pretty few and far between.

Point taken.

I asked the first place I encountered with lots of 4 Pistons, why they sell in lots of 4... No one knew... They blamed it on the warehouse... More likely the buyers or merchandisers.

If I weren't doing a rebuild now, I would have sprung for the $112 set, for use down the road... But, that statement implies I would carry 6 spare Pistons with me 'down the road'... That's not what I meant. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom