Events/Trails Pig Party 2019 (3 Viewers)

What Type of Pig Party?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0C27A952-8920-4071-AAA8-25437EED16F6.jpeg

A576C5D1-8ABA-42C5-9EAD-9ADA3C787DC7.jpeg

D345A2EC-98EF-4081-87B2-1B4D5DA85F37.jpeg

ED6314BD-0A6E-4B35-8F1A-082643D61EA7.jpeg

How were the “Sun Tubes”? We’re they worth checking out?

Not all of us got to go check them out - the alternator gods imposed themselves on our schedule.

They do sound cool - two sets of tubes align with the Summer Solstice, and then another set aligns with the winter solstice.

The website says the artist also uses the tubes to pattern the constellations of Draco, Perseus, Columbia, and Capricorn.

Not sure why Nancy Holt did this in '76, it would have been cool to read the signs that were there:

Not all of us got to go check them out - the alternator gods imposed themselves on our schedule.

They do sound cool - two sets of tubes align with the Summer Solstice, and then another set aligns with the winter solstice.

The website says the artist also uses the tubes to pattern the constellations of Draco, Perseus, Columbia, and Capricorn.

Not sure why Nancy Holt did this in '76, it would have been cool to read the signs that were there:

Another artist project we came across was the Spiral Jetty, just out there on the shore of the Great Salt Lake:

4700138B-D916-4AE3-9EC8-9A7B9145064D.jpeg
79544BFA-B1DE-4E8F-A1D8-9A3D6847A2E9.jpeg

there were no signs or info at all at the sun tubes . just 4 sewer pipes set in a line with 4 inch hole saw cuts at locations that must be a secret . so how do you know what hole to look through at what time . mabey there is a printed guide online .

Sun tubes.
I guess they would be cool if you knew something about them beforehand and was there at the right time to experience it.
I on the other hand know nothing about them and at the exact time I was there the only thing to see was a hand full of dirty hippies and four concrete tubes with holes drilled in random locations. :meh:

Huh. Thought it had something to do with the solstice. Guessing you guys didn’t hang out long enough to find out.(?)
How about City of the Rocks?

Yes, from the website:

Two of the tunnels align with the setting and rising sun during the summer solstice and two line up during the winter solstice.

We missed sunrise on Friday and by sunset I was back in SLC.

Long drive home...500+ miles from City of Rocks. Thank God for F150 captains chairs with adjustable lumbar and the new TBI 350, which finally hit the 1,000 mile mark just before we started home.
Here are a few pics from my phone...more to come after Bonnie downloads her camera.
IMG_3040.jpg
IMG_3041.jpg
IMG_3043.jpg
IMG_3064.jpg

S'mores and whiskey...dessert of champions! The toasters and the toasted.

A huge thank you to all the peeps who took the time to put the trail together, many who didn’t even go on the trip.

Can’t say enough about the passion to get it done and get us on our way.

Truly a family watching out for the sty.

Best to you all

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom