Pig drivetrain questions- 2F/H55/Splitcase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Playing around with some options, I can get us to 7-3/4" overall height (without the pulley). Even with the thickness of the pulley flange (1/8") we are still well shy of the 8" mark which would give you an inch on the fan to radiator. That is using FJ4x parts with an FJ60 fan blade. I've got more of the FJ4x variant fan blades themselves coming but while they have the correct OD, they have more offset (1/2") so they would kill room. If you're good with the FJ60 fan blade trimmed, easily done with all new parts.

We have 3 different 60 fan options, OEM, AISIN and import starting at ~$40.

@beno & @wngrog, you you recall how much you trimmed? The 61020 variant 60 fan is 17.75", we have a $15 AISIN Prado, Tacoma, Hilux blade that has the same offset as the 60 fan but is 17" diameter. We have blades starting at 15" diameter if you need much smaller.

I can probably measure it and see but it will be a different shroud on the Pig so it will be a different animal. If you think the 15” will move plenty if air that is likely what I will choose

I can probably measure it and see but it will be a different shroud on the Pig so it will be a different animal. If you think the 15” will move plenty if air that is likely what I will choose

I would definitely do a larger fan if you can, really the largest you can imo.

, Hilux blade that has the same offset as the 60 fan but is 17" diameter
The fan shroud I have from my 55 has a 17 - 3/4" opening. A 17-inch fan should be close.
IMG_20181221_162111007.jpg

The fan shroud I have from my 55 has a 17 - 3/4" opening. A 17-inch fan should be close.View attachment 1860121

And the shroud is shallow. I think a 17 and trim as needed would be best.

I can always split the shroud if I need to as well

And the shroud is shallow. I think a 17 and trim as needed would be best.

I can always split the shroud if I need to as well

17" fans we have :D

17" fans we have :D

In stock? If so I’ll take one and a fan clutch that will fit on that water pump I’m using. Shoot me a total I’ll get you paid.

In stock? If so I’ll take one and a fan clutch that will fit on that water pump I’m using. Shoot me a total I’ll get you paid.

Yes, we just don't have the 16.5" but the 17" has a better offset by ~1/4-1/2" (will need one here to measure)

17" is FANB75020

FANB75020.JPG

Anyone out there have a 2F/H55/split
They can send some driveshaft measurements from?

I do... but both are SOA with modified spring mounts so my driveline measurements are quite different. Would the measurement between the bellhousing mounts on the trans and the respective drive flanges work? I've got a handful of these on the shop floor.

IMG_4743.jpg

Cool, I'll be back I the shop tomorrow and can tackle both. If I forget to grab the measurements when I reply on the fan clutch, remind me :D

Wonder how much difference a 55 and a 60 are as far as axle placement? I happen to have one each I can measure up .... if they are close that will be a much easier combo to grab measurements from

I do... but both are SOA with modified spring mounts so my driveline measurements are quite different. Would the measurement between the bellhousing mounts on the trans and the respective drive flanges work? I've got a handful of these on the shop floor.

View attachment 1863272

Front face mounting of transmission (where it mounts to bellhousing) to front output flange mating surface: 8"

H55F Front.jpg

Rear face mounting of transmission (where it mounts to bellhousing) to rear output flange mating surface: 24.25"

H55F Rear.jpg

These two H55F's are headed to TX. Let know if we need to get one shipped to MS. We could have it there by New Years :D

Front face mounting of transmission (where it mounts to bellhousing) to front output flange mating surface: 8"

View attachment 1863567
Rear face mounting of transmission (where it mounts to bellhousing) to rear output flange mating surface: 24.25"

View attachment 1863569

These two H55F's are headed to TX. Let know if we need to get one shipped to MS. We could have it there by New Years :D

Thanks for the offer! I have one on order with rebuild work on a split case coming from the one eyed bandit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom