Pedal Commander or other throttle controller thoughts? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it worth doing this on 15 LC? Haven’t seen enough good feedback as opposed to the 16+

Worst case is you don't like it, then sell it to someone here for a little less than you paid for it. I think it will sell pretty quick here if you drop the price 10 or 20%.

Given how much better it made the throttle response in my 2018, I think it's well worth the experiment for your 2015, even if you decide to sell the PC afterward.

I will add that I originally had mine in my 2012 Sequoia, which I think had the same 6 speed transmission as the 15 LC, and it made a huge difference for me in the Sequoia.

Had mine for about a week. Love it. It completely changed the driving dynamics for the better, and is extremely easy to change while driving to find your sweet spot.

I have mine on city +2 or +3... havent decided which to leave it on yet. But it lets you drive with the first 1/4 of the travel, instead of needing 3/4 of it just for driving around town.

I just got this installed in my 2016 this morning, and I have it set on city +2, and will continue to mess with other settings.

Anyone have a setting they prefer for low range, off road?

Wow, all I can say is this thing rocks!

@mcgaskins thanks again for the suggestion!

I had the the PC for a while and it was super fun and seemed to help iron out alot of the issues.
But it took a toll on MPG. At first I thought it was helping but it didnt. Anything above city will really lower the mpg

I then did the TSB as I needed to get into the dealership for something and just doing that felt like PC eco + or PC city -

Im doing soma experimenting with settings to see which is best for mpg and which feels better

I usually use city +1 or 0 or -1
Sport is too sensitive for me and such a big truck.
I will be doing some towing soon so will be interested in to see how TSB, PWR ECT, PC all work in that situation

I had the the PC for a while and it was super fun and seemed to help iron out alot of the issues.
But it took a toll on MPG. At first I thought it was helping but it didnt. Anything above city will really lower the mpg

I then did the TSB as I needed to get into the dealership for something and just doing that felt like PC eco + or PC city -

Im doing soma experimenting with settings to see which is best for mpg and which feels better

I usually use city +1 or 0 or -1
Sport is too sensitive for me and such a big truck.
I will be doing some towing soon so will be interested in to see how TSB, PWR ECT, PC all work in that situation
I’m looking at Pedal Monster now as they have a trusted name…
What is TSB?

I typically don’t drive very aggressively, and because of that I have been getting a very slow throttle response on the 200, until now. Pressing the skinny pedal the same way as I always do, now I get a much more crisp response which feels much more Like it should!

I typically don’t drive very aggressively, and because of that I have been getting a very slow throttle response on the 200, until now. Pressing the skinny pedal the same way as I always do, now I get a much more crisp response which feels much more Like it should!

yup with TSB it feels like it should but still a tiny 1/2 second of lag in the response. MUCH better then stock
And less of that low gear hunting when slowing down and speeding up without a full 2 sec stop.

With PC it feels like it should. very crisp response. but think it will drop most people mpg by a few decimal points.
I have much less of a lead foot then my 20's

but both definitely worth doing

So I can take my rig to the dealership and they will do the TSB? Or how do I get that part sorted out

Yes. I believe you can search in this site. It’s only applicable to some lc200. Off the top of my head it was16-17 I think. But double check.

I would be willing to sell mine, I have a 16’ Lx and I had it on the truck for about a year and then I took it off and forgot to put it back in there and realized that I don’t really care. So if someone wants one let me know

Not to shabby on a 2008 LC with 217k on it. I keep it at City +1 setting. It does what it claims to do. Good part is if I get tired of it I'll just pull it.

I also use city +1 for daily driving my 2016. It really woke the rig up and my wife even comments on how the truck doesn’t feel as sluggish, especially in the lower speeds

I also use city +1 for daily driving my 2016. It really woke the rig up and my wife even comments on how the truck doesn’t feel as sluggish, especially in the lower speeds
Same here. Installed a couple months back in my 2018 LC and it is really night and day difference. For me Sport +1 does the trick for DD and the truck roars and goes like never before.

Curious why some are getting lower mpgs with this setting, since I am actually getting 0.1mpg better than before (basically the same). Before installing, I was driving with ECT Power on all the time, now I drive in ECO. Maybe that compensates for the Sport+1 setting.

Regardless, if you have a +16LC and are in doubt, just DO IT...you won't regret.

I had it for a year and was very happy until... arrived to Tunisia, just one day after arrival got the message - reduced engine power visit your nearest Toyota dealer. It was on Friday and Ramadan, obviously no Toyota dealer was open during the weekend, When I turned off the car and started again sometimes took 5 or 50 km for the message come back and the car reduced the power . Thanks I had the car scanner and was able to diagnose the car and the throttle body controller code and other codes came up. It took me two days to figure out and after that I removed the pedal commander and since no messages and codes. Thank God it did not happened in the middle of the Sahara and I had a ODB scanner
So I will never ever will put any of these enhancements in my car

Report from car scanner

Car Scanner ELM OBD2 DTC report Selected brand: Toyota VIN: JTMCV05J304308191 ============1============== P2121 Raw code: 2121 ECU: Engine control unit Status: Confirmed OBDII: Throttle position (TP) or Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch D - range/performance problem ============2============== P1605 Raw code: 1605 ECU: Engine control unit Status: Confirmed OBDII: Keep Alive Memory Test Failure Toyota: Knock Control CPU Malfunction ============3============== P1605 Raw code: 1605 ECU: Engine control unit #1 Status: Confirmed OBDII: Keep Alive Memory Test Failure Toyota: Knock Control CPU Malfunction ============4============== P2121 Raw code: 2121 ECU: Engine control unit #1 Status: Confirmed OBDII: Throttle position (TP) or Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch D - range/performance problem ============5============== C1201 Raw code: 5201 ECU: ABS control unit #2 Status: Confirmed Toyota: Engine Control System Malfunction (VCS lamp ON-RX3) or ECM/TCM malfunction / 51 ============6============== C1241 Raw code: 5241 ECU: ABS control unit #2 Status:

IMG_6385.jpg

Last edited:
I had it for a year and was very happy until... arrived to Tunisia, just one day after arrival got the message - reduced engine power visit your nearest Toyota dealer. It was on Friday and Ramadan, obviously no Toyota dealer was open during the weekend, When I turned off the car and started again sometimes took 5 or 50 km for the message come back and the car reduced the power . Thanks I had the car scanner and was able to diagnose the car and the throttle body controller code and other codes came up. It took me two days to figure out and after that I removed the pedal commander and since no messages and codes. Thank God it did not happened in the middle of the Sahara and I had a ODB scanner
So I will never ever will put any of these enhancements in my car

Report from car scanner

Car Scanner ELM OBD2 DTC report Selected brand: Toyota VIN: JTMCV05J304308191 ============1============== P2121 Raw code: 2121 ECU: Engine control unit Status: Confirmed OBDII: Throttle position (TP) or Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch D - range/performance problem ============2============== P1605 Raw code: 1605 ECU: Engine control unit Status: Confirmed OBDII: Keep Alive Memory Test Failure Toyota: Knock Control CPU Malfunction ============3============== P1605 Raw code: 1605 ECU: Engine control unit #1 Status: Confirmed OBDII: Keep Alive Memory Test Failure Toyota: Knock Control CPU Malfunction ============4============== P2121 Raw code: 2121 ECU: Engine control unit #1 Status: Confirmed OBDII: Throttle position (TP) or Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor/switch D - range/performance problem ============5============== C1201 Raw code: 5201 ECU: ABS control unit #2 Status: Confirmed Toyota: Engine Control System Malfunction (VCS lamp ON-RX3) or ECM/TCM malfunction / 51 ============6============== C1241 Raw code: 5241 ECU: ABS control unit #2 Status:

View attachment 3027641
I have never heard of these issues with the US-Spec 200s and I think we have members here running it for years. Maybe others have heard something or maybe it is a particular issue to your rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom