Pattern for side glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have a pattern for the side glass for a 75 top. I have contacted every glass shop close to me and nobody has the pattern.

Does anybody have a pattern for the side glass for a 75 top. I have contacted every glass shop close to me and nobody has the pattern.

My glass happens to be out... I could trace but I'm wondering if there is a good way to create an electronic file that could be available to all.

Would be great if you could trace it on paper. I would think it would take a commercial type of printer to print it out.

Would be great if you could trace it on paper. I would think it would take a commercial type of printer to print it out.

I have 2 pieces of side glass from a 75 that you can have for $10 each plus shipping from 20111.

@Rusty 72, I have 2 sizes of side glass; one set is not as tall EDIT: and is slightly longer than the other. It looks like the larger size fits 1971 and up hardtops....but I'd like to be sure. @ginmtb, can you post measurements of your glass?

Last edited:
FYI - Cutting the side glass for the doors. When I refurbished my doors and had the glass out, I took them to my local glass shop to cut me a couple of units. They said they couldn't cut that type of glass because they didn't have the thickness nor did they have it in a DOT approved glass. I called every glass shop I could find, and this was their standard answer.

Lucky for me, I found a used OEM set that didn't have scratches in them like my originals.

Has anyone found a glass shop that has the right thickness and DOT approved glass for the doors? If so, post it up.

When I asked about cutting the side glass I was told it would be tempered. Did not ask if it was DOT approved. I did not measure what thickness my door glass was but I assumed 1/4" glass would work.

@Stumpalama I can measure my openings if that would help.

When I asked about cutting the side glass I was told it would be tempered. Did not ask if it was DOT approved. I did not measure what thickness my door glass was but I assumed 1/4" glass would work.

@Stumpalama I can measure my openings if that would help.

So, one set is longer and not as "tall" as the other set... @Rusty 72, does your window rubber use a chrome "key" to retain the seal or is it just straight rubber? From my searches, it seems that the later, bigger, glass fits your truck. I think the openings are the same, but it's the seal that makes the difference.

So, one set is longer and not as "tall" as the other set... @Rusty 72, does your window rubber use a chrome "key" to retain the seal or is it just straight rubber? From my searches, it seems that the later, bigger, glass fits your truck. I think the openings are the same, but it's the seal that makes the difference.

I picked the sides up last year and did not come with glass or weatherstriping. They are for amby doors and have one piece side glass. If I am correct they are from a 75 or 76.

Will get the measurements when I get home in the morning.

I picked the sides up last year and did not come with glass or weatherstriping. They are for amby doors and have one piece side glass. If I am correct they are from a 75 or 76.

Will get the measurements when I get home in the morning.

You aren't going to GSMTR, by chance are you?

Sorry been gone all day. Here are the measurements:

Width: 34.25" / 34-1/4"
Height: 15.5625" / 15-9/16"

Note that the glass is "handed" meaning right and left. There is a bigger radius on the bottom corner down from the Keep Tahoe Blue sticker.

Hope this helps! Glass is out of my 74.

IMG_8393.JPG
IMG_8394.JPG
IMG_8396.JPG

FYI - Cutting the side glass for the doors. When I refurbished my doors and had the glass out, I took them to my local glass shop to cut me a couple of units. They said they couldn't cut that type of glass because they didn't have the thickness nor did they have it in a DOT approved glass. I called every glass shop I could find, and this was their standard answer.

Nothing stops you from cutting your own. I made tinted glass for side and rear doors and side top out of safety glass. All it takes is a glass cutter, pliers, a belt sander and some alcohol (no, no, no, not to drink, you pour it on the glass after cutting and it heats the inter plastic layer)

If you don't use OEM weather stripping the window may be smaller than what you can use. You should cut the glass according to the weather strip you have or going to install if other then OEM.

Will be using OEM weatherstrip. I did measure the thickness of my door glass and its 5mm. So I hope to get some OEM glass since everything I find in the custom cut glass is 1/4".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom