Parabolic Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Parabolics on a Rover

Hello all,

I restored a 67 Series 2A 109 Station Wagon a couple of years ago,and after MUCH research, decide on TIConsole parabolics with Bilstein shocks. I am pretty sure I went with the heavy duty ones. All I can say is that the ride was NIGHT AND DAY better with the parabolics!! Better on and off road manners, better handling, better wheel articulation, better everything. Probably around 2" lift, but my old springs were pretty shot. The one criticasm that I found in my research was a few guys experienced some premature spring sagging, but I never noticed that. I sold the truck not too long after the rebuild, and kept in touch with the new owner, and he never mentioned anything about sagging springs.

I JUST purchased a 83 FJ60 w/60,000 original miles, and I would definitely consider parabolics as a suspension upgrade. I never knew they were available for Cruisers.

Rob Phillips
Gig Harbor, WA
rdphil@comcast.net

Just to give an update on this. MAF seems to be advertising TIC Parabolics on the 4th or 5th page of the new Toyota Trails. I called and they have put an order in and expect to recieve multiple sets (don't know how many) in ~45 days. They ordered both 40 and 60 series. Pricing has yet to be determined.

As of right now, I think we are going to be the only U.S. distributor for the Land Cruiser parabolics. TIC actually put the add in Toyota Trails, a little soon IMO. They springs are still being manufactured, but we should have plenty of both 40 and 60 sets in stock in about 45 days. I will try to give updates as soon as they come up. We are really looking forward to getting these springs in.

Steve

Steve-O said:
They springs are still being manufactured, but we should have plenty of both 40 and 60 sets in stock in about 45 days. I will try to give updates as soon as they come up. We are really looking forward to getting these springs in.

Steve

Steve .. did you can post some pics of those springs packs ... ? details as number of leafs and lifts availables .?

We have them on a FJ45 project, they are smoothest riding spring out of the box bar none.

Flex right out no problem, a year later and they have held thier lift well.

Rob

Tapage said:
Steve .. did you can post some pics of those springs packs ... ? details as number of leafs and lifts availables .?

Here is the manufacturer website, http://www.parabolicsuspension.com/index.htm.

Currently we have a little of everything on order, light and heavy duty 60 series kits. Light and heavy duty 40 kits, and even some mini truck kits to try out. We havent put the complete kits together yet because the springs have not arrived, but we are planning on doing different level kits with OME shocks and things like that. We are alos looking into doing custom parabolics with taller lifts (like 4 inch) but I'm not sure if this can be done or not. For now the springs are designed for about 2-3" lifts I believe.

Steve-o,

What type of warranty would the parabolics have? Also concerned about availability or replacement parts if suspension fails out of warranty (or in warranty for that matter).

Live to Ski said:
Steve-o,

What type of warranty would the parabolics have? Also concerned about availability or replacement parts if suspension fails out of warranty (or in warranty for that matter).

I took this warranty info straight from the website...

"Warranty
TIC Parabolic suspension systems are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for 2 years or 40.000 Km, from date of purchase. Labour or shipping charges are not covered. Components which have been abused, fitted to rally / race vehicles or fitted in combination with non original modifications, like body lifts etc., are not covered by this warranty. "

I am hoping to have these in stock permanently so getting replacement parts should not be an issue.

Steve

Steve-O said:
We are alos looking into doing custom parabolics with taller lifts (like 4 inch) but I'm not sure if this can be done or not. For now the springs are designed for about 2-3" lifts I believe.

I'm not really interested in a big lift .. most in overal soft and flex .. coz with mi SO and shackle R kit I get good lift.

I had wanted to go with dakars but have been interested in parabolic springs for a long while now.

Glad to hear that MAF is taking the leap.:cheers:

:bounce2: I can't wait!:bounce2:

Steve-O,

One other question (kinda on the nick-picky side, but worth asking): I believe that OME has factored in the LC Lean in their spring design. Will the parabolics address this?

I spoke with ARB USA last week about my OME spring noises....

and the fellow said it was their most reported problem. Then I asked if the current Dakars had the poly pad at each leaf, to get rid of this problem, and he said no. I asked why not, since it would seem to be the logical solution.
He did not know why, and replied that the engineering department makes those decisions and they only provided pads in the original medium duty bundle, and when they add more leafs for the HD bundle, they just add the leafs and no additional pads.
Even the fellow on the phone agreed that there should be pads at each leaf, and he has no answer as to why they are not added.
DW

David Woo said:
Even the fellow on the phone agreed that there should be pads at each leaf, and he has no answer as to why they are not added.
DW

I thought maybe a simple reazon .. cost !

I saw the add for TIC in the new Trails, list MAF as a distributor but when I went to MAF's website I couldnt find them listed :confused:

Not like I have $$ to pull this off, but I am very intrigued by these springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom