Builds Overhaulin´ - Lots of pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And now available with fender flares and side moldings.

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

Wow. You are not messing around. Wow.

Where can I get these flares? I keep hearing Iceland...but does no one import them?

These are made by a Icelandic company called Formverk I´m sure they will be happy to sell and send you a pair.

The english part of the webpage does not seem to work. Click "brettakantar" and then choose type of car too see some of the flares available. They do offer types not shown there.

Send them e-mail and ask for more infos.

Amazing! I absolutely love the color choice. Can't wait to see those big ass tires under those flares!!

wow, great work so far. I love that color and flares (cant wait to see what goes under them).

next come on we want more pics wicked colour

A little update.

Been working in the cruiser all day. Had a lot done.

Installed the dashboard, the carpet and most of the seats. I´m painting the legs of the drivers seat and the paint is drying, will install that tomorrow.

IMG_2345.jpg

I removed the felt from under the carpets i front of the drivers seats, replaced that with material called Eurobatex.

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

I have the same stuff glued inside all the doors and some more sound deadening on the inside of the doors too.

IMG_2364.jpg

My friend came over and finished the subwoofer enclosure that fits inside the rear passengers side.

IMG_2365.jpg

I also prepped and painted the grill and all the plastic around the lights and the vents in the front bumper.

IMG_2357.jpg

These came in the mail ordered from ebay. My new fender flares are much wider than my older ones so spacers are needed since I´m only running 37" tires.

Great thread man, keep it comin'!

Some updates to day.

Finished working on the inner fenders on the front, used 1mm thick black plastic plate to close the gaps between the inner and outer fenders. Forgot to take a pic of that.

Then installed all the freshly painted parts from yesterday.

After that I test fitted my tires with the wheel spacers. I love this wide look ;)

IMG_2372.jpg

I also installed the rest of the dashboard, installed the rear lights and the wire harness to the lower tailgate. Glued in more sound deadening here and there on the inside oft the cab.

In the end of the day I did what I had the most fair of doing. Filling the gap between the fender flares and the body with. If you screw this up the first time it is hard to clean up the mess and redo it. I´m happy with my result.

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

Tomorrow I´m having a new windshield installed, and then I will drop it off at the paint shop to have some minor faults in the paint job taken care off.

I might have a night off tomorrow night.

That heater looks very similar to the ones used in older style air cooled VW's. Great idea Haffi. I think I want one now. Imagine going out to your 80 and the steering wheel is not freezin!:D

Yeah I used to have one in my thing, it used to scare the hell out of me...BTW truck looks awesome! great attention to detail

This is a fantastic thread..maybe I should ship my cruiser to you...and come and spend a couple of weeks working on it with you :)

Time for a update.

Last three nights I have mostly been working on the interior.

Waxed the inside of the doors, the side panels in the rear, the tailgate and inside the rocker panels with rust preventing wax.

Then installed the seat belts, then cleaned and installed the plastic panels.

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

Finished and installed the subwoofer enclosure. Need to trim the plastic a little better to make it fit. Decided to hide the woofer with carpet. Under the carpet there is a metal cover and a special speaker covering material to keep fibers from the carpet from the subwoofer

IMG_2393.jpg

Installed the amplifier on the other side.

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

Kept working on the fiberglass speaker boxes for the rear doors. Made sure the boxes fitted the doors, glued them to a 16mm MDF plate that holds the speaker. Painted the MDF to make it a bit water resistant before I covered them with carpet. Then installed the speakers and sealed up the wires coming through the fiberglass. Now these are waiting to be installed this weekend.

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

I finished the front speaker pods. Filled and sanded them down a bit, then sprayed the pods with stone chipping material made for outside of cars to fill up and cover the rest of the sanding marks. Then I painted the pods with rattle can paint I found in a similar color as the vinyl on the door panes.
For now these are only stuck to the door panels, I might want to add screws all the way to the metal frame on the inside of the door. Will see about that after testing them like this.

IMG_2401.jpg

Installed the lights to the bumper, still have to finish the wiring part of that, on the pic the lights are just hooked up to the battery on the floor.

The plan for the weekend is to make new running boards and finish the inside work.

Like I mentioned I earlier I´m having the upper tailgate made from fiberglass, hopefully I will get that from the fiberglasser tomorrow so I can have it painted asap.
It should have been ready three weeks ago but the fiberglasser has been giving me a hard time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom