Builds Overhaulin´ - Lots of pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So it really has to be a Norwegian to explain some of our rules ;)

The green plates is - yes - for two or three seated commercial vehicles. When imported you can pay $20,000 or maybe above that price for installing back seats (white plates). When years passes the price is lowered until 10 years have passed and the price is $100.

Yes, your car as an imported Icelandic offroader can be street legal here in Norway. As the rules for EU (EØS/EFTA) says no to discriminating cars from other EU-contries. There are many cars registrated on 37s, but very few on 38s because the size. At one point the legal tire size has an end. Though YOU can put on larger than 38s on your LC 'cause the rules of incresing 5% in rolling diameter of original tyre size (when 1st time registrated in Norway). If your 80 is streetlegal on Iceland, its no problem in Norway by importing it as "flyttegods" (assets by moving? if I can write that :meh: ).

Of course it fits here! :D
Can contact a person (who has done some Icelandic imports) if you want it. Or try sell it on the Norsk Land Cruiser Klubb. People there pays $40,000 for a car like that w/tires.

Thanks for your reply ;)

But I have already sold it. So it is not coming to Norway, at least not now.

I wish you had put your input here a bit sooner, then I might have tried to sell it on that Norwegan chatboard.

But it will not fit my needs there. I plan on travelling around Scandinavia the next few summers and then I need I better mileage car with A/C.

I borrowed a 37" modded 120 cruiser from ArcticTrucks there, used it for a week. Went to Oslo, around Drammen, to Sandefjord and Kongsberg. In my opinion that is car was to big for the tight and narrow streets over there. My 80 is/was much bigger and wider than the 120.

Virkilega skemmtilegur þráður hérna hjá þér Haffi. ég vissi ekki að þú værir búinn að vinna svona mikið í honum, vel gert en svo er hann bara seldur ;)
Þú ættir að koma þessum myndum inn hérna heima svo aðrir geti séð líka.
Ertu að hætta vinna hjá Raf.verkstæðinu í höfðanum? hver á þá að gera við rafmagnið í 80 cruisernum mínum..

Takk fyrir það Magni.

Nei, ég er ekki alveg hættur. En er bara að klára síðustu dagana núna fram að áramótum. Verkstæðinu verður nú ekki lokað þó að ég hætti ;)

Ég ætla ekki að setja þetta inn á eitthvað íslenskt jeppaspjall, ég nennti ekki að svara tuðinu, sjálfskipuðu sérfræðingunum og patrol mönnunum.

Takk fyrir það Magni.

Nei, ég er ekki alveg hættur. En er bara að klára síðustu dagana núna fram að áramótum. Verkstæðinu verður nú ekki lokað þó að ég hætti ;)

Ég ætla ekki að setja þetta inn á eitthvað íslenskt jeppaspjall, ég nennti ekki að svara tuðinu, sjálfskipuðu sérfræðingunum og patrol mönnunum.

Þegar þú segir það, þá tek ég eftir því að það er enginn að tuða hérna haha allt hrós eins og það á að vera.
Hvað ertu að fara gera í Noregi ef ég má spurja?

WOW! This thread is really cool and priceless!

EXTREMELY nice work and AWESOME looking Cruiser along with being "useable", that Cruiser is one of the nicest I have ever seen on here or anywhere. Great Job!

Love the pic in the snow and ice as well, that's really making that Cruiser do what it was built for, you guys are like Polar Bears in all the snow and ice! haha

bringing this back...cuz people need to see it!

your welcome

IMG_1271.JPG
Haffi's build and responses to numerous PM's are part of the binder of resesrch I accumulated prior to my Arctic Truck build here in AK

Grateful for the international reach of the forum.

I was just in Iceland last week with my daughter. Absolutely LOVED Iceland! I would move there in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom