Over The Mountain Tour (Tellico) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Or the OMT. This event (summer blowout) last year was a great success. This year will be even better. The FJ Trail Team from Toyota will be joining us with two FJ Cruisers we get to test drive on the trails of Tellico. They will be there for the whole weekend. As we get closer to the date we will have more details but this is what UC has right now.

We will be staying at:

CAMPGROUND NAME: Spivey Cove

EVENT DATE: 08/11/06 - 08/13/06

STATE: Tennessee

RANGER DISTRICT: Tellico

NEAREST CITY/TOWN: Tellico Plains

RESERVATIONS: The will be an advance group going early to reserve camp spots. We will just need to know # of spots requested.

DIRECTIONS:
From Tellico Plains, TN, take State Rt. 165 east 4 miles to Tellico Ranger Station sign (Forest Rt. 210). At sign, bear right (keeping river on right) onto Rt. 210 and go 12.9 miles to Spivey Cove campground sign. Turn left at sign into the campground.

Lat, Lon (wgs84) 35.30340, -84.11600
N 35°18'12" W 84°6'58"
Lat, Lon (nad27) 35.3033, -84.1161
N 35°18'12" W 84°6'58"

GENERAL COMMENTS:
The elevation is 1,860 ft.

The campground is near the Tellico River situated in hardwoods.
It is rustic with fire rings made from local stone.

RATE AND MAXIMUM STAY PERMITTED
Rate: $6 per day
Maximum Stay Permitted (days): 14

CAMPGROUND SITE CONFIGURATION
No. RV Sites: 0
No. Tent Sites: 12
No. Combined Sites (Tent or RV): 2

Total Sites: 14

Tent Pads: Yes
Group Tent Sites: Yes
Open Sites: Yes
Wooded Sites: Yes

No. Tables on Sites: 14
No. Grilles on Sites: 0

RV INFORMATION
Hookups: None
Group RV Sites: No
No. RV Pull Throughs: 0
Waste Station: No
Largest Parking Apron Size: 13.5' X 34.5'

Comments:
Parking aprons are dirt. Spigot is hand pump.

BATH AND SHOWER FACILITIES
Vaults: Yes
Flush Toilets: No
Hot Showers: There should be two heat exchanger showers going on this trip.

OTHER FACILITIES
Playground: No
Public Phone: No
No. Water Spigots (non-site): 1
No. Threaded: 0
Wheelchair Friendly Toilets: No

FISHING
Stocked Rainbow and Brown Trout in nearby Tellico River

ENTERTAINMENT:
Redneck rafting

If there are more people than what this campground can hold we will overflow into the next adjacent sites.

If you would like to stay at a local Hotel we can provide you with that information upon request.

This is going to be a real fun event. Even if you don't want to wheel your cruiser you can still come camp and still drive an FJ on the trail and ride along with other members. Stay tuned for more updates.

JP looks like yours, Alex's and Johns vehicles made it on Toyotas site. And it's my photo.

1247921-otm.jpg

Gehn can you get a link from our Upstatecruisers.net site to this post. That way people have a direct link.

I plan on going, what size cooler is in regulations for the rafting competition?

just hope we get a down pour like last time............... it wouldn't be the same without redneck rafting.

I say if there is no rain, we move the event over to the Tellico river just across from camp..... that'd really seperate the men from the boys :D

ClemsonCruiser said:
just hope we get a down pour like last time............... it wouldn't be the same without redneck rafting.

I say if there is no rain, we move the event over to the Tellico river just across from camp..... that'd really seperate the men from the boys :D

I think you have something there JP. I think we ought to have a Redneck Cooler Race. This could fit right into this Wheeling event.

Now all we have to do is come up with some rules. Cause I have about a dozen coolers just sitting around I could make something out of.

I'll start a new thread and get some input.

Good work gents! Can't wait to be in good old Tellico again.

Now to hope the 80 will be ready...

See y'all there!!!

Well I will be on this annual OMT ride....99% sure I'll be drivin the 60...if I didn't have to do the rear brakes too I could possibly make it but I don't think it'll be done. I've got to take the thermostat out of the 60 still havin the same problem with the overheating. So I'll be drivin it...but need to ride shotgun with someone for the trail ride. I'm lookin forward to this...been a while since I've been camping let a lone wheelin.....He 3pits(Bob) are you alive...hope to see ya there.

cruiser4life said:
Good work gents! Can't wait to be in good old Tellico again.

Now to hope the 80 will be ready...

See y'all there!!!

Have you picked up your 80 from lance yet?

informationjunky said:
Have you picked up your 80 from lance yet?

JP is right, just dropping it off tomorrow.

Hopefully it will be done by Tellico. Otherwise, it's beat up on the poor old 100 some more... :D

Dang, I was going to see if I could work out transportation of a skid plate.

informationjunky said:
Dang, I was going to see if I could work out transportation of a skid plate.

I'd be more than happy to do that for you. I think Lance talked me into adding his skid plate to my build too. :D It's more of an experiment for him because he wants to see how it fits with the Hanna sliders I have.

I can pick it up on this trip (tomorrow) or when I pick up my 80 when it is completed in 3-4 weeks.

Just let me know.

Can visitors from the south come?

I am trying to talk my brother into a little trip to Tellico that weekend to join y'all. If you'll have us? I hope to have the sliders modified and the lift and tires on the truck by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom