Out of hibernation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got my 4runner calipers on, and now have been going after rust on the body and frame of my 60 the last few days. In another thread i posted how i found a bunch of great body parts at a place here in Denver called Yota Yard. Here's some pics of the existing conditions and then the new parts.

Yota Yard in Denver did cut outs on quarter panels for you? Interested in the doing the same for some body parts, just wanted to know if their prices are worth looking into or if its cheaper to find someone parting a vehicle out.

$100 bucks a side.......but they only have maybe one good quarter left right now. the Photos are above.

As promised.

It now sits at least five inches higher at the doors than when i got it!

NewPictures044.jpg

NewPictures045.jpg

looks good! I really like the look of black wheels on these.

looks nice, i wish i had stopped by to lend a hand with the front birfs since i dont live far and i have to do it on my mustard 78/40 and my tan 84/60, i need to learn how!:)

Oh yea! Black and Tan. That cruiser looks sweet! Enjoy the wheels! ;)

Nice work on the front end too. Post pics when you start cutting fenders...

Thanks again Matt! They will be put to good use.

Hawk,

Nice work. I'm starting my front axle rebuild this morning on my 60, and I think you inspired me to break out the wire wheel and rattle can. Keep up the good work.

It is tedious disgusting work. Especially for those of us without access to a lift, but it's a labor of love and complelety worth it after you look under there a few times.

Last edited:
I found a guy over the weekend that is going to do my Body work.

He Quoted me $500.00 per quarter panel. OUCH! but i talked to him a little longer and he added the front fenders rust patching for 100.00 per side, and he said he would throw in the repair of all of the small dings and dents for that price.

So basically, with me supplying the Quarters I found, I'm getting all of the body work done for $1,200.00 Im taking it to him Wednesday, he said he'll have it back in a week.

Last edited:
Whats up folks!

I got my 60 back from the body guy!

It's looking good! (really needs to be painted now). The Wheel wells are looking SO much better, not to mention the 24 years of little dents that are gone as well!

He welded up new metal for the holes i had inside the wells also and on the front fenders.

Picture022.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture024.jpg

He spreyed some black undercoating on the repairs, so the photos are kinda hard to see.

looks real nice. I am getting ready to do the same work on my rig I need to find me a body guy as well. should be interesting. The fenders are going to look nice on my rig. Cannot wait to get them on.

Did you end up using those fender flairs?

are you gonna repaint the whole thing or just leave it with patches? and its just personal preferance but it would look great with all the chrome pulled off and the grill blacked out. looks sweet though i definatly gotta hook into cleanin up the underside of my 60 in fact i think i might start right now... nice work by the way.

Did you end up using those fender flairs?

I will I have some rusty areas that need to be taken care of before. My hope is to get them on by august.

are you gonna repaint the whole thing or just leave it with patches? and its just personal preferance but it would look great with all the chrome pulled off and the grill blacked out. looks sweet though i definatly gotta hook into cleanin up the underside of my 60 in fact i think i might start right now... nice work by the way.

Thanks. I am planning on painting it the same exact factory tan color. I am planning on taking the rest of the Chrome off. and Blacking out the Grill as well.

Do people tend to take ALL the chrome off? IE including the stuff around the windows?

Those Chrome Door liners along the bottom Got To GO!

Thanks for posting those under-the-front-end pics. They help to inspire and also show me how it ought to look. I need to get rolling on my front axle. I've had one thing and then another pop up. It's like the world is conspiring to stop my axle rebuild!! :doh:!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom