Original FJ40 soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I just joined and this is my first post. I have a factory original Toyota soft top on my FJ40 that is in excellent condition. It is too much of a pain to swap tops so I am considering getting rid of the soft top. As these are rare, would it be worth much? Trying to decide if I should keep it or let it go and use the money to upgrade something else.

A. I would keep it if its in good condition. it could be your summer top. (but you do you.. free country)
B. if it is in good condition with the bows and soft doors it could be worth a pretty penny.

but we would need to see pictures first. it helps us gauge value, condition, and its just plain cool to see what others got cruiserwise.. lol

A. I would keep it if its in good condition. it could be your summer top. (but you do you.. free country)
B. if it is in good condition with the bows and soft doors it could be worth a pretty penny.

but we would need to see pictures first. it helps us gauge value, condition, and its just plain cool to see what others got cruiserwise.. lol
Hi all. I just joined and this is my first post. I have a factory original Toyota soft top on my FJ40 that is in excellent condition. It is too much of a pain to swap tops so I am considering getting rid of the soft top. As these are rare, would it be worth much? Trying to decide if I should keep it or let it go and use the money to upgrade something else.

soft top.jpg

Welcome!

And please buy a hood prop rod.

Definitely not a North American cruiser. Must be south of the border specimen, steering wheel is on wrong side, and air cleaner resembles a diesel setup. Nice ride .

Nice cruiser but to most original means how it left the factory. The 13BT was a later diesel after the 40 series ended. Did this cruiser start as a FJ40, BJ40 or BJ42? My guess the top dates to when the cruiser was restored. Possible the doors and bows are OEM but guessing the top is new aftermarket. Bows and tops are worth quite a bit but not as much as a original top to a collector. Especially in this condition.

Nice cruiser but to most original means how it left the factory. The 13BT was a later diesel after the 40 series ended. Did this cruiser start as a FJ40, BJ40 or BJ42? My guess the top dates to when the cruiser was restored. Possible the doors and bows are OEM but guessing the top is new aftermarket. Bows and tops are worth quite a bit but not as much as a original top to a collector. Especially in this condition.
You are of course right. The 13BT is not original to my vehicle, it is an FJ40 converted to take the diesel engine. I meant that my engine is a Toyota factory turbo diesel, as most of the turbos I see are 3Bs with an aftermarket turbo.

It’s a great looking top, whatever it is!

Was this a FJ40 or BJ40. Hard to believe but that part of world was still getting FJ40s with a three speed and one piece transfer in 1982. Current set up you is a vast improvement over what it would have had. Does it have a four speed or a five speed.?

Was this a FJ40 or BJ40. Hard to believe but that part of world was still getting FJ40s with a three speed and one piece transfer in 1982. Current set up you is a vast improvement over what it would have had. Does it have a four speed or a five speed.?
FJ40 with a 4 speed.

My soft top is similar. They still make them in Colombia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom