Operation SOA 75 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Zoltan,
You're a nutcase, in just the best way. I'm green, and i don't mean environmentally.

Cheers, 61Mk+

Hi Zoltan, how did you clamp your snorkel to the airbox?? Pretty tight in there Mate! I am just installing mine now - making the airbox and the fender hole is cut.

Yeah it sure is, i cut a bit of the inner guard out so i could get in there to the clamp.

Good luck with it!

Hello Zoltan,
You're a nutcase, in just the best way. I'm green, and i don't mean environmentally.

Cheers, 61Mk+

Haha thanks dude, i try :)

The SOA75 is going to be no more, i have just purchased a set of DANA diffs through Chris and Jason from Locktup4x4. A big shout out to both Chris and Jason for all of their effort in organizing everything.

D60 front with Reid racing knuckles, CTM joints, 35spl Yukon chromo shafts with super joints, 4.88 r&p with Detroit locker, disk brake conversion. 70" WMS

D70 Smooth rear with Yukon 35spl chromo axles, 4.88 r&p with Detroit locker, disk brakes. 70.5" WMS

Both fully built and trussed by WFO in the states.

In doing this, on full width axles i am no longer going to be able to run leaf springs... So coilovers and links it is. Coilovered75?.... im still working on that.

It will be some time before all the stuff gets here so until then, happy wheeling!

Dont think ill break these anytime soon eh?

Locktup 4x4 sorted me out with everything you see here aswell as many extras. If you are wanting some exotic gear like this built or brought back here from the states give them a call!

photo1.JPG

More pics on Outlaws4x4.com

Well its time for some Forced Induction

Thanks to Matt Craig from United Fuel Injection for letting me pick his brain and thanks to Glenn Crofts at MTQ for having all the parts there and ready and just down the road.

I ended up getting a Water cooled Garrett GT2876R BB turbo with a .64A/R, this will fit a little bit better within the ranges of the 1HZ compared to the GT2871R i was going to get. Its the same rear housing as the 71 but with a slightly larger front. It has a 4" inlet and a 2.5" outlet. Ill have to make a 3" exhaust side dump (the T25 bolt pattern is going to be tough...)

I got a DTS turbo manifold and a T3 - T25 adapter flange.

Ive got it 1/2 together i just need to get some new M8 bolts for the turbo mounting.

Cheers all

DSC01759.JPG

DSC01760.JPG

You have done a good job on this thanks for posting it help's people out a lot :cheers:

Are your engine internals still stock when you bolted this turbo on ? would you still use the same turbo , I haven't got thru your whole thread yet.

Hi mate, thanks yeah its all stock internals. I love this turbo.

Quick update fellas, Got some 2.5x16" King Coilovers made to suit my driving style. Aswell as some 2.5"x4" King Bumpstops.

The new build will see the car undergo alot of changes but still be the 75. Aiming for an all rounder KOH style setup.

getting serious .. !

Which kind of boost levels are you specting from this one . ?

No less than 25 no more than 40, im going to push it till something breaks. Then its duramax time!

No less than 25 no more than 40, im going to push it till something breaks.

WO PA ..!

Let us know at which point it breaks .. have you rpm range to expect those 25 PSI .:? or what ekjver full boost are you looking for .?

I get 25 at 2600 now so id say full boost at 35-40 should be around the 3-3.5mark

Hey Zoltan any updates I know you would of been tinkering with your rig .

Havnt done much mate, just got it going for the show.

God damn it... not again

312710_10150402574362302_724672301_8273997_567829103_n.jpg

Havnt done much mate, just got it going for the show.

God damn it... not again

Was that what the crowd was making all the noise about friday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom