Operation SOA 75 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bit of an update

Went to wedge island the other weekend, not a bad trip but i sheered all the dowels and studs out of my rear right hub/axle... Its actually blown the side out of the axle flange and hub.
IMGP4285.JPG

Here is a poser shot in a section about 15mins nth of wedge
IMGP4239.JPG

Got alot of my parts together to ready the rig for Coastal Rocks.

A big thanks to Chris @ Locktup for getting all this for me, your a champ!

Hydro assist
Rock assault pump
Chromo heims to replace my forever breaking tie rod ends
Chromo heims for a trac bar
12" Redback combo shocks
DSC02818.JPG

I also picked up a length of 45/25 HT hollow-bar to make a tie rod with.... wont break that one!
DSC02819.JPG

Still got to:
Build an exo
Fit some kind of reduction system, gears/twins/atlas/custom
Tweak the suspension a little to make it a bit flexier
Lastly some undercarriage armor and rear diff armor... ive already almost punched the rear pumpkin to the crown wheel...

At least my lists are getting shorter nowadays.

Cheers fellas

lol i had no idea what i was doing or going to do when i started this... i still dont know where its going to end either!

I see several rebuilds in its future, a modified front end with a patrol third in it once you start making some real power out of it - ie. inj pump mods, 5-6000 rpm 225hp etc etc. Longfield axles...........

Yes - when the toyota guys in the comps retrofit the patrol front end to their cruisers there has to be a reason for it:)

I got them here locally but any truck exhaust mob should be able to sort you out.

Here's a quick update...

Been working alot more lately so not alot has been done to the ute...

Power steer pump bracket made and pump mounted.
DSC02902.JPG

DSC02903.JPG

DSC02905.JPG

New tie rod
DSC02912.JPG

Straightened and strengthened the tray rails and moved my shackle hangers back.
DSC02909.JPG

Here u can see my improved shackle angle
DSC02908.JPG

Ive got to pull my longfeilds out now coz ive spread the bell on one of them and its almost totally bound up.
Pull the steering box out and drill/tap
Zap the hydro ram on
Fit a new rear hub and axle
Fit the new shocks
Exo!! if i have time haha

I worked today so didn't get much done... Yet again

Made these fittings, you pretty much cant buy metric flare to -6 Jic nipples, so these will have to do the job. -6 plugs drilled out and counter-bored to suit the steel tube then Silver soldered.
DSC02935.JPG

Got this cooler for the power steering, 300x100x50mm 13 row with -6 fittings. Made a pretty simple mounting bracket for it too. The front of the rad it getting pretty cluttered ill have to keep a close eye on engine temps.
DSC02936.JPG

Pulled the standard power steer pump out had a look at it, its fried... the sides of the vein rotor are all scored and the inside of the cam ring isnt in good shape either. Bad news for a near new pump. Then i made a blanking flange for it. 10mm plate and some 515 sealant.
DSC02914.JPG

DSC02915.JPG

DSC02937.JPG

Pulled my longs, they are in pretty bad shape... I have re greased these numerous times over the years with good grease too. They have been getting progressively worse but now they are too far gone and locking up.
DSC02920.JPG

DSC02921.JPG

Tomorrow ill be swapping out my front springs for some new ones then mounting my hydro ram.

send the pix to bobby and see what he thinks

Quick update on the Hydro assist

I used 1/4Bsp to -6Jic nipples in the steering box. Alot of people use 1/8th and tap into the veins, don't know why they would be a big flow restriction in comparison.

DSC02941.JPG

DSC02942.JPG

I ran the lines to a bulkhead behind the shocks then to the ram.

DSC02944.JPG

DSC02947.JPG

DSC02949.JPG

I had to have to ram so high above the diff because of the ubolts.

Only issue i have is the reservoir creates a vacuum after a while then the pump starts to make a bit of noise. Take the lid off the reservoir and it stops.

Hey all, i thought id make a quick update b4 rock comp.

* Ive finished the hydro install and tested it – works absolutely great, just have to make that belt stay on!
* Modified my low range stick so i cant hit it into neutral anymore
* Tried a different set of tyres for more traction – Sticky treps are awesome!
* Fitted my air shocks, made the front a bit stiffer than the rear so now the flex front to back is about even.
* Replaced my intake pipework (the old crappy corrugated flexi hose) with 4″ silicone bends.

All thats left to do is change my cvs and make a bit of an exo cage.

Cheers

DSC03735.JPG

DSC03761.JPG

See more pics and a more in depth update here

5 in the front 3-4 in the back

These tyres work soo good that i think ill be right to bring that up to 8 and 6

They are snake racing arms, but give Locktup 4x4 a phone call.

They are snake racing arms, but give Locktup 4x4 a phone call.

Man thanks, now I know that they are Trail gear onces. That it will work, I soo it in USA, We can´t buy anythink fron AU, is to expencive to bring it to Panama. Right Tapage?

I hope one day get my 70 like yours. Congratulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom