Operation Olive, My 1975 FJ40 Ground Up Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well life got the best of me lately. I have been really busy with work and life so the 40 took a back seat, but I logged a few hours in the garage today and managed to tack up my first panel. Technically not that tough, but I did make a few mistakes that cost me some time with fitting the panel. I also discovered how rusty these things are in the joints! I spent some time fabricating the section of the wheel well that attaches to the quarter panel. A good chunk of it was way to far gone to salvage. I also discovered some surface rust inside the main Spar of the tub. I ordered up some frame saver from Eastwood. It took almost an hour just to get all the sand,Dirt and debris out of the Spar. I found a nice nest inside. I guess this thing must have spent some time parked somewhere. Enjoy the pics.
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0875.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously all this rust inside these seams and panels really scares me:confused: Going to POR all of the areas that had rust in the seams. When its done the only seams left to be cleaned and PORed will be the floor seams.

On another note. These inner rockers from CCOT didn't fit worth a damn! I even had to spot weld a hole closed that they had predrilled because it was so far off!
IMG_0903.jpg
IMG_0904.jpg
IMG_0905.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom