ONSC Chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree, I wish I has bought some when it was first starting to. As far as how it's value is determined, I look at it like any other publicly traded commodity, value = demand * availability. As far as it being a legit replacement, i have a hard time seeing that happening. Main reason is that it is not backed by any agency or government, and while I recognize that the dollar is pretty useless anymore, it is at least a recognized official currency and is backed by the gubment. bitcoin to me is like buying stock. I kind of look at it like if someone decided that they would accept monopoly money as payment for goods or services and you traded it like that, only Bitcoin is literally nothing! The "coins" you own are 100% virtual, they don't come from anywhere or go anywhere, and if the servers crash, you are literally left with nothing. I have dollars, you can own stock or other funds.

I find it very interesting and my observation may be way off, but I just can't get on board with it as anything other than a commodity.

Ive got the same view of it. to me, the risk is too great to jump in.

Even our "valuable" cruisers are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

I have not been to as many foreign places as some of you, but in a pinch my dollars have always been accepted. Not always at a fair 'conversion' rate, though. The limiting factor always seems to be how likely it is that the other party knows how to/or can convert dollars to actual snail turds or whatever the local monetary unit is (via bank, exchange, etc).

Edit: The above is in response to @jynx saying "...while I recognize that the dollar is pretty useless anymore, it is at least a recognized official currency and is backed by the gubment..."

Updated the web site, designed to show better on phones. Let me know your thoughts...........

HFS4x4.com
Looks good! check your email for suggestions

Thanks Izzy, it's a work in progress for sure. First web site I put together myself.

I don't know that artwork doesn't look that spectacular to me ;)

upload_2018-6-29_9-28-48.png

yeah well, the dude doesn't wanna link I guess.

You can click through if you want. It's basically street art in GSO - there's tons of it.

Anyone running a yokohama AT g015? Thinking of getting a set for the Tacoma everything I’ve read has been pretty positive but not much input from anything outside of testers and reviews.

Anyone running a yokohama AT g015? Thinking of getting a set for the Tacoma everything I’ve read has been pretty positive but not much input from anything outside of testers and reviews.

Ive run two sets of the Yoko geolander at2's on my 80 and really like them. they arent the g015 though. ive gotten a ton of mileage out of them, and still have plenty of tread.

So had to give my tickets to the overland rally away due to the house buy and things needing to be done. So my buddy sends me this pic from it. I had just posted a pic of this very rig
FB_IMG_1530542320294.jpg
in the other thread as my ultimate camping, towing rig and it showed up there...... guy was giving tours also... wtf.

Ive run two sets of the Yoko geolander at2's on my 80 and really like them. they arent the g015 though. ive gotten a ton of mileage out of them, and still have plenty of tread.

I was going to get them just ran into an issue ordering from discount tire :/ they were closed so I couldn’t price match I read a lot of good things about them seemed like a good option for something that won’t be seeing to much trail time just more what I need to get to campsites and kayak drop off points.

Ended up getting some WildPeak at/3w seem like a good tire.

So nice and warm today at work I was curious about how hot it was and then I found a thermal imager..... at first people were mad because they didn’t want to know how hot it but curiosity won them over!

This thing is fun you can see the water bottles level and everything!

8910151A-E984-4D51-920B-8167EB963E2B.jpeg

80899741-BEDA-4F34-9D27-94EEDC8DB1AA.jpeg

Dead on the motor it read at 117 degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom