FAQ online manuals

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help with a manual for my 1990 HZJ73? Can't find anything from searching this site, or google either.

Thanks

FJBen

SILVER Star

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help with a manual for my 1990 HZJ73? Can't find anything from searching this site, or google either.

Thanks
Here's an owners manual that covers the HZJ73
Dropbox - 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Owners Manual (Covers 70, 73, 78, LJ, PZJ, KZJ).pdf

This is a chassis/body manual that covers FJ73 and BJ73 which would be basically the same chassis wise as your HZJ73.
Dropbox - Chassis & Body BJ73 copy.pdf

And here is a 1HZ manual, will probably get you most information.
http://www.trollholescruisers.com/Tech/Manuals/Engine/1990 1HD_1HZ_1PZ-T FSM.pdf

Between those 3, you should be covered.

Here's an owners manual that covers the HZJ73
Dropbox - 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Owners Manual (Covers 70, 73, 78, LJ, PZJ, KZJ).pdf

This is a chassis/body manual that covers FJ73 and BJ73 which would be basically the same chassis wise as your HZJ73.
Dropbox - Chassis & Body BJ73 copy.pdf

And here is a 1HZ manual, will probably get you most information.
http://www.trollholescruisers.com/Tech/Manuals/Engine/1990 1HD_1HZ_1PZ-T FSM.pdf

Between those 3, you should be covered.

Legend mate!

Thanks very much.

Has anyone got any manuals for HDJ78 & 1HD-FTE? I have tried using the search function to little avail, although I did locate the Fuel Injection System manual listed on page 4.

Anyone know if the torque specs for the "Heavy Duty" or leaf spring suspension systems on the 70 series changes across years or models?
I have a 1995 HZJ77 (wagon) that I'm gonna replace the bushings in this weekend and I can only find "Land Cruiser: Heavy Duty Repair Manual - Chassis & Body" for 10/1985-1/1990...

JuanJ

Hello,

From the FSM:
  1. Front axle, shackle: 67 ft lb or 91 N m.
  2. Front axle, hanger: 17 ft lb or 24 N m.
  3. Rear axle, hanger: 90 ft lb or 123 N m.
  4. Front axle, shackle: 67 ft lb or 91 N m.
Hope this helps.

Juan

Juan,

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, could I get pictures of the FSM pages for Front / Rear leaf spring & shock installation and the sway bar installation? The guy at the Toyota dealer couldn't find the specs in their system (he's not really good at using their system... and the head mechanic isn't there today... it's annoying), and I can't find a digital copy of RM183E or RM184E anywhere online...

I found this manual from 1984-1990 Land Cruiser Heavy Duty (Pub Number 36262E) - but the torque specs are different than the ones you listed.
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 6.57.34 PM.png

Also, does anyone know if they're still in print? I'd love to pick up a hard copy.

Juan,

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, could I get pictures of the FSM pages for Front / Rear leaf spring & shock installation and the sway bar installation? The guy at the Toyota dealer couldn't find the specs in their system (he's not really good at using their system... and the head mechanic isn't there today... it's annoying), and I can't find a digital copy of RM183E or RM184E anywhere online...

I found this manual from 1984-1990 Land Cruiser Heavy Duty (Pub Number 36262E) - but the torque specs are different than the ones you listed.
View attachment 1894153

Also, does anyone know if they're still in print? I'd love to pick up a hard copy.
Here is a pdf of RM183E: Dropbox - Chassis-Body_1990-01_RM183E copy.pdf

JuanJ

He
Juan,

Hello,

The 1984 - 1990 manual is good but later models came with different engines (1PZ, 1FZ, 1HZ) and a different front axle, among other things. Hence the different values. The suspension is under a different load.

Printed copies show up every now and then on eBay Australia.

Let me know if you still need the pages.

Juan

A week ago I found a deal on the Chassis and Body RM183E on Ebay Australia for $28 US.
Received it today by Express Mail.... so the shipping price was justified.
Several weeks ago I purchased and received the Engine Repair Manual RM172E for the 1HZ, 1PZ and 1HD-T.
Received the Electrical Wiring Diagrams manual EWD168F yesterday; which was only $39.

They are available; just need to be persistent...

Last edited:

roscoFJ73

These are not free but are between $6-8 for factory workshop manuals. Not sure what currency that is. They are searchable PDF files unlike a lot of the freebies and probably safer to download.
Nearly all the petrol/diesel engines, gearboxes found in Landcruisers are here

Looking for an Owner's Manual for a 1994 FZJ75 pickup I just purchased. Gulf spec and unfortunately didn't come with the manual. I have a 1997 FZJ80 which has the same engine, except FE vs carb, and I have the FSM for that so at least I have some information on the engine.

I've clicked on all the links in this thread and search ebay in a few countries but no luck thus far. Headed to a local dealer in a day or two although I doubt they will be able to help me with a 25 yo vehicle.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Aproach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Hi

Im looking for a link to Publication # RM234E

Its a Wire Harness Repair Manual from the like before 1995 ish ........

any Help is Awesome ......... :)

Top Bottom