One pig, two pig, red pig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...blue pig.

So we are moving up north to the Yukon next year and this guy was kind enough to post a pig for $400, so I just kind of bought it. Won't see it in person until probably May/June when I move there, but man, what a price. Its a 77, original engine (apparently points are messed up so not running), extra special tail window, but a bunch of key parts like license lights, dome light, mirrors and such are in place. Looks too good to part out, so will probably, eventually, do a stocker. Since its not real without pictures, here you go:

1603055558019.png

1603055591590.png

1603055633237.png

Yeah, dig the rack, not how its connected though, maybe explains the dented roof, safer on the roof than the rack... Hopefully have a few more pics tomorrow, its getting towed to winter storage in the bush... my wife will never find it :)

I like it...... tells a story of what people can come up with and be creative on items..

Not at all, I've @ 6 in queue. One like you posted has been a dream of mine ever since Lambcrusher chopped his.

Check this out, could copy his idea...

@scrapdaddy not that I've seen, left his Insta name there if you want to see more, but he has this and a built MAN overlander, many more pics about that. decent guy though, if you reach out, I am sure he would respond.

@xtiaan2000, dunno, its just a slow day at work and my mind has been drifting. I was looking at this pig and thinking the back is crushed, the roof is rumpled and the rockers are shot, so maybe a new approach (of course, its about the same as the red pig was when I started).

Last edited:
Yep, if I got my hands on one, I'd probably re gear, re engine and re suspension it...

I did discover today the "Alaskan camper" - currently my favorite style to 'borrow' from...

Last edited:
Made it to the Yukon and picked up Blue pig. The good, the front fenders are actually in pretty good shape, the uppers and lowers were sealed with caulking and I am sure this helped, rockers are not horrible, doors decent, hood good, although there is one dent/bondo door repair. The roof is a dented mess, not at the seams, but in between each support - like the rack was regularly overloaded. Rear quarters are rotted, but gate seems ok. All in all, certainly not bad for $400. Apparently the PO screwed up the points, so it has sat for a while - I think when my eldest gets here we will try and turn over the 2f. If he's lucky I will clean out the several pounds of mouse poop in the back.

Lots of time to think about what to do with it, have to build a shop and finish red pig, but still leaning toward camper...

20210804_192030.jpg
20210804_192013.jpg
20210804_191935.jpg
20210804_191942.jpg
20210804_191950.jpg
20210804_192000.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom